english bull terriers

any body ever tried or known working bull terriers, know they have problems with their hearts but just wondered what they worked like with drawing etc

Unless you're talking artwork you should leave illegal subject well alone on a public forum IMO

Edited by steviemann

i would rather keep a draw dog ten times over than shoot the game at the end of the day.I think its an Irish thing really,we always kept strong dogs,which is where the famous staffs/english bulls/wheatens etc developed from,you know the ones a lot of people admire,psycho/stormer.And the old argument is always brought up,''if your afraid to handle the game then you shouldent be digging''.the days of draw dogs are now well over and gone,but they had their uses and were as important as the terrier that was dug to i believe.as for english bulls,I had a few 15 years ago,not 1 made the grade,but I reckon theyres a few fans that may have the right type,havent seen a decent one in yonks though unfortunatetly

Edited by jigsaw

There are still some good strong, athletic, healthy Bull Terriers out there. This is my boy at eight months, he's got a fantastic nose, prey drive and health. He was bred by www.thunderrockoldtymebullbreeds.co.uk . He's not a worker (yet) but some of his litter mates are working and a couple of them are doing very well catching rabbits on the lamp. I know they're never going to beat a lurcher for that sort of work but they will do pretty much whatever you ask of them given the chance.

This is him at eight months, 21" and 46lb. Sorry about the size of the photo.

post-33872-1254587761.jpg

This is him at nine months, 21.5" and 52lbs.

post-33872-1254588371_thumb.jpg

He's quite leggy and the rest of his litter are a bit stockier but he's exactly what I was after, I couldn't be happier with him.

There are still some good strong, athletic, healthy Bull Terriers out there. This is my boy at eight months, he's got a fantastic nose, prey drive and health. He was bred by www.thunderrockoldtymebullbreeds.co.uk . He's not a worker (yet) but some of his litter mates are working and a couple of them are doing very well catching rabbits on the lamp. I know they're never going to beat a lurcher for that sort of work but they will do pretty much whatever you ask of them given the chance.

This is him at eight months, 21" and 46lb. Sorry about the size of the photo.

post-33872-1254587761.jpg

This is him at nine months, 21.5" and 52lbs.

post-33872-1254588371_thumb.jpg

He's quite leggy and the rest of his litter are a bit stockier but he's exactly what I was after, I couldn't be happier with him.

He is a belter mate like the ingles type , its nice to see people starting to appreciate a true atheletic type, hes a credit to you atb phil

exxageration is bad if it impairs working ability

if it wasnt for exxageration a greyhound wouldnt look like a greyhound or would any other breed look like they do for that matter.

Edited by dai dogs

I can't say I agree but I that's a nice looking dog you have there. A little exaggeration makes for a slightly different dog with a different purpose but I've seen plenty of Bull Terriers that are good for nothing because of too much exaggeration and people breeding without a purpose in mind (other than the show ring).