VETS and the law

did the parvo jab you bought not have stickers on the glass bottle!??

As it isnt a legal requirment for the vet to do this!!

Stick them on a sheet of paper saying inoculations and put dates in as and when done. (1st job done)

Second download a tail docking cert of the internet and sighn it (2nd job done)

Third you have up to 8 months of when the dog has been jabed from as a pup so find somone who chips dogs and get it done.

Three steps to a legal dog

Hope this helps

Cheers Jamie

I still don't understand your rant ?

Cert for tail [ he has the right to ask as it's a legal document]

Chip has to be put in for tail to be legal .

Jabs you have no way of knowing the pavo you bought was good ? [ It is for the protection of all dogs yours comes into contact with]

The vet has the right to his views and prices. You asked for his services he is not that expensive if you compare plumber call out charges !

If you don't like him use another vet

Hagar

How can he report the vet to the BVA when he is the one with the illegally docked dog ?

i agree with you coldweld.

I still don't understand your rant ?

Cert for tail [ he has the right to ask as it's a legal document]

Chip has to be put in for tail to be legal .

Jabs you have no way of knowing the pavo you bought was good ? [ It is for the protection of all dogs yours comes into contact with]

The vet has the right to his views and prices. You asked for his services he is not that expensive if you compare plumber call out charges !

If you don't like him use another vet

Hagar

How can he report the vet to the BVA when he is the one with the illegally docked dog ?

Like Darcy says mate, if the pup was brought over it aint illegal. You're just assuming it has been illegally docked in the UK. Best ask 1st eh? ;)

well for the last two weeks my pup brock has had a funny looking yellow discharge round his penis i know this is sometimes normal but today especially it was stinking so i took him to the vets i walked in and the vet said if i havent got a certifacte for his tail he wont see it now that is aprob as i dont have one..i told him it was at home this was a quick dropin as it was on my way home he then scanned him and said im breaking the law javing a dog not chipped??? is this correct? i told im i hadnt got round to it but would think on it.... next came the other big one why hasent my dog been vacinated i told him he had been parvo'd but not lyptod now came the other bummer he told me if i couldnt produce a card from a vet saying it was innoc he would allow my dog into the vets i understand that to a degree but come on i bought the parvo off this site off a member i reckon its ok two shots in my pup and all ok i caught the little blighter digger up baby rats yesturday by the stable he half devoured three so i was worried about lepto i told the vet i need that jab and he hit the roof saying i was maltreating my dog what cos i didnt spend no money in his vets practice on stupid jabs that cant be guarenteed for £40 a pop.. he said if i didnt jab him i couldnt come in to his vets ever again so i paid for the first set just to shut him up (now i wish i didnt) paid jabed him all done put some cream on my dogs knob as i was leaving he made comment that really pissed me off if there wasnt women in the waiting room i would have gone mad he said if i take my dog in marked up he would ring the rspca... what a knob i know this is petty but his attitude and the way he wanted me to pay money all the time stinks a dog is a f*****g dog iv done parvo yes i bought it not the vet but f**k me thats more then most scum do yes hes not chipped but f**k me do you want your DNA on a batabase well thats the same for dogs hes a worker goin to be a worker not some old granny pet and a cert for his dock come on what an ass whole does everyone else have this prob is it me bein the asswhole it cost me £49 to put cream on my dogs knob.. sorry for this jumble im livid cheers

hes just being asshole bud,my vet tried giving me shit for having a pup which wasnt chipped as it was docked,i just said i picked it up in a pub and i didnt know who bred and docked her and i got away without having to chip her and still got the jabs,try using a different vet and feed em some bullshit,it works.lol.

And i thought our vet was a ass; took pup in for jabs, he had a good gripe about him bein docked and not having a certificate and been chipped, i got told all bout the law and that he shouldnt be even handling the dog, just told him i didnt know the law had changed (thought that sounded better than stick the jabs up your ass !!!) job done