what food to use to help with gastro

i brought my dog to the vet and he thinks it might be a touch of gastro its jst that i fed him yesterday and after bout 10 15 min he started to whine and whinge abit, is there any dog food out there that dosent give them gastro or help them with it his a 12 mth old lurcher and very well breed lads

iv read so many posts here and so many people have gave differant opinions on each feed , me myself thought barf was good but iv read a few thing on here that gave it a bad food type

i brought my dog to the vet and he thinks it might be a touch of gastro its jst that i fed him yesterday and after bout 10 15 min he started to whine and whinge abit, is there any dog food out there that dosent give them gastro or help them with it his a 12 mth old lurcher and very well breed lads

iv read so many posts here and so many people have gave differant opinions on each feed , me myself thought barf was good but iv read a few thing on here that gave it a bad food type

is there anyone here any bit helpful

is there anyone here any bit helpful

read up on the barf diet mate and whoever said it was a bad food is talking out of their arse,if your feeding your dog on commercial dog food,get it off it,its total shite,ive commented on this subject several times if you read my previous posts it may help it may not,but trust me feed your dog barf and you can forget about going to the vet about things like gut problems if you need to know owt just ask ;)

read up on the barf diet mate and whoever said it was a bad food is talking out of their arse,if your feeding your dog on commercial dog food,get it off it,its total shite,ive commented on this subject several times if you read my previous posts it may help it may not,but trust me feed your dog barf and you can forget about going to the vet about things like gut problems if you need to know owt just ask ;)

ok tanx mate

It’s probably not a good idea to suggest or to start a completely new diet when a dog is suffering with a bout of gastroenteritis but rather stop all but clean fresh water until it settles then resume normal diet slowly. If it starts again or it becomes bloody then back to the vet and they may advise a therapeutic diet such as chicken and rice as an appropriate change until it settles. If you use dried feed then it is unlikely to be the cause if it’s kept properly, i.e. dry, and it’s the normal diet for that dog. In theory raw is more risky as far as bacterial gastroenteritis is concerned than complete. If a bacterial or viral cause in all probability it would have been a bug picked up in the environment and down to bad luck. I’d keep all bowls spotlessly clean and change water at least daily etc, keep all utensils separate from other dogs and dispose of stools carefully as the bugs can last a long time and cause infection further infections.

what is it you want to hear ?

you have started 12 topics on feeding from which nuts,to i cant find barf, all of which have had good sound advice offered to you. but it is not what you want to hear!. the dog obviously has a very sensitive gut and in my opinion a complete feed will have to many additives colors etc and you seem to think barf wont fit your life style. so i would ring your vets and ask what he recommends you feed your dog (probably chicken and rice or a sensitive stomach verity of science Plan or something similar.)

there are only so many different ways that people can say the same thing. which is why you are getting less and less responses to your posts.

i understand that you want the best for your dog but i just don't get what it is that you want to hear. if there was a complete dry wonder food out there we would all be feeding that instead of preparing barf which is as close to what nature intended as you will ever get. or adding things to complete feeds to get that bit extra.

i agree with sandy about the nothing but water for 24 to 48 hours than i would start on what ever feed you have decided on in small amounts. and see how it goes

Ok......I take it that you are refering to Gastroenteritus?

Its just that i am confused. You say he "winged" abit after eating. Could you please elabourate further.

I would like to know why the vet said he had "a bit of gastro" andwhat he said....cheers JD