Refill Bottle

Hi all.Got new refill bottle today.Tolled the sallesman it was for a Logun and Air Arms S510-SL Carbine.The gadge on the 510 goes up to 225 bar buy the guy told me not to fill it above 180 bar.As over this the gun could lose power.Never heard of this before Have been shooting most of my days.Is he right or not.Cheers .Catcher :thumbs:

im affraid he's right !!!

if i fill my aas410 to 200 bar........and chrono it it get around 9-10 ft/lbs

when the pressure has dropped to approx 180 bar......it chrono's at 11.4 ft/lbs and remains fairly constent down to aroun 120 bar.

cheers

sean

Hi all.Got new refill bottle today.Tolled the sallesman it was for a Logun and Air Arms S510-SL Carbine.The gadge on the 510 goes up to 225 bar buy the guy told me not to fill it above 180 bar.As over this the gun could lose power.Never heard of this before Have been shooting most of my days.Is he right or not.Cheers .Catcher :thumbs:

Trial and error fill to the max and try see how your groupings are my HW 100 only gets fill to 185 bar any more and the gun doesnt feel right

im affraid he's right !!!

if i fill my aas410 to 200 bar........and chrono it it get around 9-10 ft/lbs

when the pressure has dropped to approx 180 bar......it chrono's at 11.4 ft/lbs and remains fairly constent down to aroun 120 bar.

cheers

sean

Hi Sean had guns most of my life never heard of this beforeTook it out this morning.filled to 175.Got two magpies at about 40 yards.Just refilled it two 200 take it back out tomorrow see how it preforms.atb. Catcher

Trial and error fill to the max and try see how your groupings are my HW 100 only gets fill to 185 bar any more and the gun doesnt feel right

Will give it a try mate :thumbs: Catcher

Hi mate took you advice.Filled the gun to 220 just 5 under max Was just as good is not better at 35 yards.is blowing holes in a peace of old skirting board Cheers Catcher :thumbs:

Regulated guns are different, They all depend on what the reg is set too so most will be ok with higer pressure fills. Un regd guns, the extra pressure In the cylinder forces the valve closed quicker and on most the hammer/ spring set up Is'nt strong enough to open It fully which then reduces your power.

My HW100 is the same, I fill it to 200 and shoot the first few shots at anything that takes my eye, then it settle down, if I dont, the first couple of shots bounce off, I was told its to do with the way the regulator is set for sub 12flbs guns :)

Hi stealthy Filled the gun this morning at 175.Got two magpies at about 40 yards.Refilled it to 220 .5 under its limet.Fired three shot at about 35 yards had the same if not a bit more power.So i think the guy in the shop was wrong.As he told me no to go over 180 bar.Remember it is the S510.A newer model.the manual does say dont let it go below 100 bar.atb. Catcher :thumbs:

Regulated guns are different, They all depend on what the reg is set too so most will be ok with higer pressure fills. Un regd guns, the extra pressure In the cylinder forces the valve closed quicker and on most the hammer/ spring set up Is'nt strong enough to open It fully which then reduces your power.

Good point matyj.But is seems to be holding a constant power.Getting 1" grouping at forty yards Cheers Catcher