ill

Guest Ditch_Shitter

FFS! And I was about to ask how your others were doing, Cramp. Then I realised it would be too early to tell yet ~ you'd need a few days at least before hoping to sound the all clear. Now that :(

Ok. I once lost a couple - out of several, mind - to a given cause. That was to do with what they'd eaten. But the circumstances were so particular and freakish that I don't want to start a fire of panic here. As I believe I stated already, some where around here, rear end weakness is a sign of trouble in ferrets which may precurse any number of root causes. It's a bit like us, dying of cancer: The argument that smoking does it is looking a bit 'old'.

All I can suggest / Repeat is, for gods sake, keep them ISOLATED. If it's viral, that's your best life line. If it's bacterial? That'd depend on what brought it to them and How Thoroughly you isolate. No good having them apart and feeding / living seperatly if you give them the same germ with their feed, see?

Worst of all, of course, is the unknown: This place is starting to show more than one case which smacks of 'something going round'. We had an outbreak of 'something' about twenty five years back now - many here will probably remember that. It took a year or so and a Lot of dead ferrets before we got that in any way sorted.

Isolate. Observe. THINK. And Pray! :(

Best of luck, mate.

mate if her back end isnt working my ferrets had it last year its some cind of disease they will most probubly die and theres no cure for it i took myne to the vets and they said theres nothing that they can do for it the give a 40 % chance of living and if 1 gets it theys usually all get it :(