coot eggs or chicks

Yes I'd believe it if you said Coots but I'm supprised to hear Moorhens will kill Ducklings, but you live and learn.

LOL I use to give out to lads shooting Coots and Moorhens for their young dogs to retrieve, maybe now I'll say nothing.

Contradiction I know but an old mate of mine wont kill a moorhen on his duck pond cos he reckons it's a good indication that no mink are present if he has moorhens.

Coot and waterhen season started Sept 1,i never knew that till today.

taste good though,i once had coot fahita's!!!

An Italian chef once had me pestered to get him some duck shooting. I took him to a pool that never has duck on it and told him it was alright to shoot there.

A week later I asked him had he had any ducks. He said "no but I shota some coots, much nicer than duck anyway".

taste good though,i once had coot fahita's!!!

An Italian chef once had me pestered to get him some duck shooting. I took him to a pool that never has duck on it and told him it was alright to shoot there.

A week later I asked him had he had any ducks. He said "no but I shota some coots, much nicer than duck anyway".

There's a carp pond by mine and often I catch them in winter feeding in a blackthorn hedge 200 yrds from pond. They are fairly fast once disturbed, great shooting.

Like to sit by the pond on a hot summers day and shoot them with a rifle. They're so noisy, always know where they are.