Movie streams

Yep.

Me and my brother were talking about this a while back (us both being avid copyright guardians :D) and so it is like this: a film is usually compressed to okay, watchable quality of about 800mb, if they did films at that quality, maybe £3-4 a movie. Let's be honest (within reason), 800mb downloading doesn't take an awfully long time, does it? Games, about 5gb, about £10-15 each, and music about £5 an album max.

If they continue wanting to make massive amounts of profit, they ain't going to make any profit.

Oh, and Maltenby, are you referring to Spotify? I personally don't use it, but it legally allows you (thus I can name it, in my opinion) to stream music and, I think, it makes it's money by adverts and the fact that it would be very difficult to download the music to keep it permanently (so you have to stream it every time you want to listen).

If they continue wanting to make massive amounts of profit, they ain't going to make any profit.

Oh, and Maltenby, are you referring to Spotify? I personally don't use it, but it legally allows you (thus I can name it, in my opinion) to stream music and, I think, it makes it's money by adverts and the fact that it would be very difficult to download the music to keep it permanently (so you have to stream it every time you want to listen).

That could be it mate, although the one I was thinking about allowed you to legally download the tunes, very much the same way as you do now, or would do if you were that way inclined. It was a while back I read about it, so no doubt it's gone the way of other great ideas or innovations.