country mischief

Guest the techno viking

Guest the techno viking

just finished reading country mischief by colin didriksen and imo its the best book ive ever read on country sports!!!!!! the poems about the lurcher and the terrier are amazing!!! id give it 10 out of 10 what about you?????????? atb

just finished reading country mischief by colin didriksen and imo its the best book ive ever read on country sports!!!!!! the poems about the lurcher and the terrier are amazing!!! id give it 10 out of 10 what about you?????????? atb

Mr Didriksen writes some very entertaining stuff,yet to read his latest. More country mischief. ;)

Mr Didriksen writes some very entertaining stuff,yet to read his latest. More country mischief. ;)

got the title wrong it is Worse country mischief,the drink is is werrking..... :drink:

Hubby says...

It's good, give it 8 out of 10. Bit far fetched in places! Enjoyed it a lot though!

I say...

Spoke to the bloke himself (Didriksen) a month or so ago and had the most pleasant conversation with him. Lovely bloke. Went out of his way to help me out. :D

Personally, haven't got round to reading his books yet though lol!!! :o

shell

Colin will be at our show held again at the shop on sunday the 4th of oct, signing his books as he was last time, I first met Colin when myself and the wife went up to scotland to pick up a Teckle pup from him just over a year ago, the plan was to shoot up to scotland pick up the pup have a polite chat and away back home down the motorway. On arriving we were made very welcome by Colin and his lovely wife Ali, good friend chipper came along for the ride and wanted to met Colin after reading some of his articals in the EDRD, as he keeps a couple of little Teckle cross hounds, Colin got the pups out to have a run around the garden and let us have a look at them, after picking a pup we left Ali and my wife playing with the pups, and we went back into the house and colin got out some of his many old photo albums in which he had some pictures that he had collected over the years alot of which were old black and whites of all manner of terrier work, he has been in hunt service for many years with a lot of southeren and midlands hunts, there were also some very old shots of game cocks and bull breeds lurchers and wild life, the vast knowlage that Colin has collected over his time in country pursuits kept us entertained for hours. Then Ali came in and made us dinner, what was going to be a quick visit to pick up a pup turned into a five hour stay, since that time I have become close friends with the Didriksen's and look forward to hunting with them this season, though advancing years has put payed to Cloins digging days he now hunts his teckles like little hounds to flush game for his lurchers, if any one would like to chat of country intrests with Colin or have a book signed by him, he will only be to happy to do so at the show, he was a very popular man at the last one, Im hoping he will bring his teckles with him so we can have a rake about while his down this time

SANY0449.jpg

Colin with Chipper the pups and his bitch Poppy