Weardale Agricultural Society. Terrier & Lurcher show

Terrier and Lurcher show. Sunday 27th August.

St John's Chapel show ground.

Vicarage Field,- St John's Chapel, Upper Weardale, Co Durham.

Contact Mike Tones for info. 07050 196060 or 01388 517349.

Formerly the North Pennine Foxhounds Terrier & Lurcher show.

Judging starts 1pm.

Bar & Refreshments. Terrier racing.

Classes

Terriers Classes for,- Borders,- Lakeland,-Cross Bred,-Jack Russel,-Bedlington,-Plummer.

Child handling class. Veteran Terrier over 8 years. Terrier pairs. Best Terrier Pup. Champion Terrier.

Class for Whippets.

Lurchers,- Rough dog, Rough bitch. Rough dog or bitch under 23in. Best rough Lurcher.

Smooth Dog, Smooth bitch. Smooth dog or bitch under 23in. Best Smooth Lurcher.

Lurcher Pairs.

Veteran Lurcher ( over 8 years )

Best Lurcher Pup under 12 months.

Champion Lurcher.

Trophies and Rosettes.

The day before on Sat 26th is the St John's Chapel Country Fair. :clapper: Very good show.

Edited by Gin

• 2 weeks later...

Shame there wasnt a terrier & lurcher show on yesterday. Not a bad little show though, I bought a rabbit carrier from the leather man. Took a few pics of the show which I'll put up later - the dave sleight lurcher demonstration was, shall we say, interesting :whistle: :D

Guest jeff.s
Shame there wasnt a terrier & lurcher show on yesterday. Not a bad little show though, I bought a rabbit carrier from the leather man. Took a few pics of the show which I'll put up later - the dave sleight lurcher demonstration was, shall we say, interesting :whistle: :D

I HOPE YOU GOT SOME PHOTOS OF THE GREYHOUND RACING THE PIGEON, WAS TOLD ABOUT IT TODAY, WAS A CANNY SHOW TODAY AS WELL. jeff

I HOPE YOU GOT SOME PHOTOS OF THE GREYHOUND RACING THE PIGEON, WAS TOLD ABOUT IT TODAY, WAS A CANNY SHOW TODAY AS WELL. jeff

I did Jeff :yes: but the bale of straw got in the way :rolleyes:

The "Lamping" demo

29f72783.jpg

b68ebb1d.jpg

the retrieve :unsure:

6cdbd423.jpg

oh well maybe not

10ed126d.jpg

the greyhound and the pigeon - they both missed the lure - "its over there"

DSC_0010-1.jpg

2c072202.jpg

The pet dog race: this looked to me a bit of a daft thing to do, a rottie, couple of lurchers, labs and a few little dogs, none of them muzzled :unsure:

b90c4b66.jpg

9c03b7d7.jpg

chartpolski - was I speaking to mrs chartpolski today at this show, were you at the leather work stand? I was with 2 little uns in a buggy.

Hi there yes it was me \mrs. Charpolski, Did you decide on the red collar and lead? they made us a coupling and made a good job of it and cheap!!!! We will be at Woolsingham and Stanhope in the next few weeks hope to see you again. Regards Pam.