well how will this ever stop

or will it ever stop

this time last year i was at a show in ire talking to a terrier man who

i tought knew a fair bit about the dogs and after a good chat with the man

i asked him had what he had now he told me that he will never keep a working

dog again i was surprised he had none .he then went on to tell

me that it took him years to have seven working dogs in his yard and as

soon as he did they all got stolen.these are some of the people getting out of

the dogs while the dog thiefs will always be with us.

macker

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but no one seemed to have a problem with the warrener

well mods any way

and just let the thread run which was right

whats the difference here

one rule for some and differerent for others

and have seen names been tarred with mods giving helping hand and maybe it was right

if you mods cant see there is anything totally wrong with this then delete me to

sickens me

macker

Rolfe your post is a little to say the least contredicorary.

You stated beforehand on another thread that the post naming and shaming a dog thief wasnt really the issue, it was the fact a genuine poster questioned your decision to take it down and then made a personal comment towards you, but now your saying that the dog thief thing is an issue.

I wasnt on here for the warrener post so i cant comment but what i will say is, Kevin is a genuine dogman, his post was put up to help other genuine dog man, there is no issue in that for anyone as far as im concerned, the man wouldnt have done what he done if he hadnt got his facts straight.

There a few people on here including myself that feel its wrong what has happened not just for Kevin but for all genuine dog men/women on this site.

Now im only speaking for myself and nobody else and its not because Kevin is a friend either ive hunted with the man twice but i know were his loyalties are and i know why he posted what he posted.

This is how strongly I feel about this:

I dont know the whole story because i havent spoke to kevin in person, however i do no he would not post a mans name if he hadnt got the facts right, now ive been a member on here since the time it was moochers and i usually stay out of these things but this time i cant so i am going to name the person again for any of the irish lads who want to know, im not sure if it will be deleted or i will be deleted as a member but here goes:

Now i know what needs to be done, lets hope others do to.

[

Rolfe your post is a little to say the least contredicorary.

You stated beforehand on another thread that the post naming and shaming a dog thief wasnt really the issue, it was the fact a genuine poster questioned your decision to take it down and then made a personal comment towards you, but now your saying that the dog thief thing is an issue.

I wasnt on here for the warrener post so i cant comment but what i will say is, Kevin is a genuine dogman, his post was put up to help other genuine dog man, there is no issue in that for anyone as far as im concerned, the man wouldnt have done what he done if he hadnt got his facts straight.

There a few people on here including myself that feel its wrong what has happened not just for Kevin but for all genuine dog men/women on this site.

Now im only speaking for myself and nobody else and its not because Kevin is a friend either ive hunted with the man twice but i know were his loyalties are and i know why he posted what he posted.

This is how strongly I feel about this:

I dont know the whole story because i havent spoke to kevin in person, however i do no he would not post a mans name if he hadnt got the facts right, now ive been a member on here since the time it was moochers and i usually stay out of these things but this time i cant so i am going to name the person again for any of the irish lads who want to know, im not sure if it will be deleted or i will be deleted as a member but here goes:

David Barry from near Tullamore, Co.Offaly.

Now i know what needs to be done, lets hope others do to.

To put the record straight.......I have NEVER said that naming dog thieves is not an issue. Indeed i am trying to get a definitive answer.The accusation was that someone was removed for naming and shaming....which was NOT the case.

So No contradiction at all.

Well if thats the case i stand to be corrected and appoligise, however i still feel the same about the whole issue.

It was a genuine post to help others it was nothing personel to named scum, had it been another person he would have done the same.

The facts in this case are as follows a mate of ours had a number of dogs stole on him after a lot of digging we found out that the dogs were stole by pikeys in Limerick

then after some time one of the bitches turned up in with this person (who I wont name for fear of being deleted)we found out where he lived and his phone number from there he was rang and said that he had not got the bitch.Then he rang the man that told us about where the bitch was and told him that he had done time and would get him kill for talking about him.So we decided to call to his house and see for our selfs but the bitch and you man were not there only his wife who was treathed with the up most respect.When we left the said person rang Kev m shouting down the phone and let it slip that he had the but was keeping it at another address and that he wanted €400 for her so he was told where to go after that Kev tryed all he could to get the bitch back but the lad wouldn't part so named and shamed him not that it was on the site long enough for any one to see it.

P.s I think it was unfair that he be deleted just over calling some one a name.

The facts in this case are as follows a mate of ours had a number of dogs stole on him after a lot of digging we found out that the dogs were stole by pikeys in Limerick

then after some time one of the bitches turned up in with this person (who I wont name for fear of being deleted)we found out where he lived and his phone number from there he was rang and said that he had not got the bitch.Then he rang the man that told us about where the bitch was and told him that he had done time and would get him kill for talking about him.So we decided to call to his house and see for our selfs but the bitch and you man were not there only his wife who was treathed with the up most respect.When we left the said person rang Kev m shouting down the phone and let it slip that he had the but was keeping it at another address and that he wanted €400 for her so he was told where to go after that Kev tryed all he could to get the bitch back but the lad wouldn't part so named and shamed him not that it was on the site long enough for any one to see it.

cant get more fcuking evidence then that now rolfe and ye kicked him off for calling you a wanker...............a little childish if you ask me ,we have all been called names on here for fcuk sake take it on the chin its only someones opinion of you and we are all entitled to have an opinion

my lurcher mollie was stollen about a month ago as i was on holiday and my uncle was taking care of her and she was stole from the back yard and i had only had her a couple of month as i am new to this and was wanting to start up with lurchers so now i am looking for a new dog because of this so i agree to name and shame but if these dog thieves are stealing to sell how does the buyer know if there getting a stolen dog and i think it wouldnt be right to name and shame the buyer if he dosnt know he has a stollen dog if that is ok to say with the rest of you lurcher men out there?

thats a great question for a young lad fair play

truth is its hard to tell and can be a easy mistake

pups are definatly the way to go these

days but if its a working dog you are after

try find the history of it and weather he bred the

dog or who bred it.i dont think its a bad idea buying

of these sites or any add which has a pic of dog for the hole public to see

these type lads usually know exactly where the dog comes from

and less lightly to be taken

but as with this case most travellers prefare lurchers and not terriers

and questions have to be asked where they come from

and to not give a shit about having a stolen dog in your yard

and not give a shit when its known you have the dogs

says alot and a decent dog man would be glad to give

the dog back in good faith

hope this is some help

macker

Rolfe, can you not understand the bloke getting frustrated with you keep pulling his posts?

Think the bloke should be given a bit of slack, but if banning and deleting floats yer boat, no more can be said.