shooting

to be honest thats just a reason to take the gun away, any shotgun cwould go off if dropped and it must have been closed, a good reason to always keep the breech open and empty.

reading the article

the gun was open but had a cartridge in, it snapped shut and went off when he dropped it.............i dont think he has had the gun/certificate revoked......the police will have seized it to get it tested to enable them to test it as they stated that their tests showed it was faulty and could discharge without the trigger being touched! which would corroborate the couples version of events and save them from prosecuting the old fella for anything as his story is backed up by their firearms/forensic tests.....they may make the bloke either destroy teh shotgun or get it to a gunsmiths before he can have it back though, but i do wonder if he will want it back now? It would have too many negative memories attached for me....i might still be able to shoot but would possibly want a new gun!

to be honest thats just a reason to take the gun away, any shotgun cwould go off if dropped and it must have been closed, a good reason to always keep the breech open and empty.

reading the article

the gun was open but had a cartridge in, it snapped shut and went off when he dropped it.............i dont think he has had the gun/certificate revoked......the police will have seized it to get it tested to enable them to test it as they stated that their tests showed it was faulty and could discharge without the trigger being touched! which would corroborate the couples version of events and save them from prosecuting the old fella for anything as his story is backed up by their firearms/forensic tests.....they may make the bloke either destroy teh shotgun or get it to a gunsmiths before he can have it back though, but i do wonder if he will want it back now? It would have too many negative memories attached for me....i might still be able to shoot but would possibly want a new gun!

yeah, i know i would want a new gun after that, but about the triggers, i think any shotgun could go off if dropped.