Could this be a problem?

Guest Erin go bragh

Guest Erin go bragh

Alright everyone my friend got rid of all his ferrets he had 5 ferrets in this hutch he has givin me but when i got it i gave it a good power hosing out and brushed it out and stuff but i noticed today when i went to clean it out i seen these tiny insects going away from the corner they do a dump in and my albino his weight is just about right and my polecat he looks heavy on it so he does could there be any problem should i put them back in the hutch they where already in?

Guest Erin go bragh

No there not bothering me but just as i went to clean it out i seen them all fleaing from the corner like6 of them or maybe more im just wondering would they be any harm to the ferrets?

Alright everyone my friend got rid of all his ferrets he had 5 ferrets in this hutch he has givin me but when i got it i gave it a good power hosing out and brushed it out and stuff but i noticed today when i went to clean it out i seen these tiny insects going away from the corner they do a dump in and my albino his weight is just about right and my polecat he looks heavy on it so he does could there be any problem should i put them back in the hutch they where already in?

Burn the Hutch!!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Just out of idle curiosity, mate; Could you describe these 'insects' a litle, please? Size. Colour. Over all appearance?

It's ok. I'm not onto anything here. Nothing 'insecty' that runs about is any problem to a ferret. Obviously just living off the sh*t, what ever they are. Possibly harbouring in the corners / joints. Quick once over with a blow torch would sort them out, if you're still worried.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

As I suspected, mate; Sounds like some form of beetle. Just scavanging on the waste products within the sh*t. Perfectly harmless.

:laugh: You should see some of the muvva f***as that scuttle around this cottage! Whack off great big things. I call them " John ". No trouble at all though :good:

The insect in question sound like the sewage fly, they will lay there eggs on the ferrets shite or any shite, hatch to small maggots turn into the fly and start the sequence again. :)

Clean your shit corner out daily this will stop the cycle. :good: