Guest sph1979

my sis has just gto a lurcher

how many times a day does he need feeding. and is dry food the best for him .he is 8 weeks old .he is lurcher on lurcher not crossed

thanks

[/quote What do you think a lurcher is?????

I think he means both the parents are already crossed. For a young pup feed 4 times a day. He will only have a small tum , and only digest small amounts of food at a time, but being young will need food often. 4 times is good, don't feed after 7pm if you want to help him stay clean in the night. Though at 8 weeks he will need a wee every 2 or 3 hours till his bladder is bigger. Dry food is fine , you can make it soft if you need to by leaving it to soak in warm water . :)

Guest sph1979

He said lurcher to lurcher not crossed. Well whats the lurcher and the lurcher. It mite be a big deerhound x. so they must be crossed. some people have no idea about what they are buying sometimes

Edited by sph1979
He said lurcher to lurcher not crossed. Well whats the lurcher and the lurcher. It mite be a big deerhound x. so they must be crossed. some people have no idea about what they are buying sometimes

he has only asked for advice he doesnt need a lecture of what cross is what.the dog might be a pet so they arnt bothered how its bred.theres always somebody to be in first

If you're using dried food make sure it's puppy food, not for adults - the puppy food has more protein in it, which a growing puppy really needs. Mix in the odd tin of sardines for a good coat and the odd raw egg too.

thanks guys my brother has just showed me this post .

i have fed him 4 times to day so not giving him no more after 7 like on of you said .he is on dry puppy food cant rember the name off it tho

he does wee alot but he has been going on hes paper witch is good .we got told to get him a bread crate is that [bANNED TEXT] i rember my dad had one years ago and he slept in a bread crate

thanks from leanne

The best way to toilet train a pup is to take him outside as often as you can for a pee. You will find he will need to go, strait after food, as soon as he wakes from a nap and after playing. Take him out at theses times and stay with him. So you can tell him how good he is for peeping outside. I use a word like, go pee pee, every time, so the pup learns to go on command. I never punish a pup for going in the house, but if I catch one in the act I just pick it up and run outside . The more your pup pees outside the more he will want to pee outside as he will soon see this as his toilet. So take him out ones an hour or after food after sleep and after play. You can crate him at night if you like, but im a softy and take mine to bed , that way they could wake me so I could take them out to pee in the night , very handy for toilet training . Good luck :) oh and photos ?

Guest sph1979
All sound advise, but go PEE PEE :doh: , he'll be going WALKIES next.

Should i of said it like this then... The puppy pads are good mate they soak up all the piss and runny shit unlike news paper. Ebay is cheap for them