Is Philp King still hunting dogs

toughguy , some years i was in discussion with a mr dale from london area,he at that time told me he bought some a very good hare dog from ireland. He didnt mention off who? , but he reckons at that time there was nothing to touch it on the coursing field. Before Preban. I know he gave services from his dog to a few of the top coursing men at that time. Would you have any knowledge of this dog, i think the dogs name was Lucky.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IM GLAD 2 SAY THIS,BUT U HAVE PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT THAT IT WAS PADDY SWEENEY THAT HAD IRISH LADY/IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT UR DAD HAD 2 TAKE HER AWAY COS HE PUT THE SALUKI SUNNY OVER HER/ DID SHE STA

DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING DEROGATORY BY SAYING "SUPERSTARS" MATE COS I THINK THEY COME ROUND ONCE A LIFETIME IF U ARE VERY LUCKY...THAT WAS A GOOD LITTER & THERE ARENT MANY LITTERS THAT PRODUCE SUCH DEC

Posted Images

toughguy , some years i was in discussion with a mr dale from london area,he at that time told me he bought some a very good hare dog from ireland. He didnt mention off who? , but he reckons at that time there was nothing to touch it on the coursing field. Before Preban. I know he gave services from his dog to a few of the top coursing men at that time. Would you have any knowledge of this dog, i think the dogs name was Lucky.

black assassin would know a lot about p king dogs,if any one would know about them.he would :D

p king would have sold a lot of dogs to england mostly around cambridge manchester and some to the north east their was a dog runing in england preban called lucky reputed to be one of the best ever owned by marcus parish this dog is still to be had and has produced some good pups no conection to king he sold a lot of dogs to the traveling lads both in england and ireland and maybe the reason for the longford thing is he often sold a job lot to a chap their called martin neavin some may have been retired and others would not have made the grade but i have no dought some may have come good

Seen a king bred dog on a bord na mona bog probably 1 of the best dogs I have ever seen and kings breeding is mentioned often around here the travellers favour his lines and some of these men are big into lurchers and seemed to be under the impression they were bred in longford??

worked all round that area, never seen any around there,, when we were working over in CO, CAVAN, about 20years back thats when I met up with phill, and his Irish terrier lurchers,, I was telling him the story, of one of his breeding, the Late, TOM Mason, ( tucker Mason, his dog Tucker, how good the dog was, that dog was around the early 70s and I was trying to tell him about my good collie x but he could only see his breed, and No other,, so the conversation, was only about his dogs,, and nothing else,

Well,well,well, Jacob ,theres a blast from the past. I presume you are talking about N. Dale who no longers keeps dogs ..what a pity. Yes it was some dog and I bred that dog and had no intentions of selling him but, an offer was made at the time that no one in his right mind would have refused. I often regretted that sale.....

Some claim it was Mr King, but I think you may hear a different story from muckypaws ;)
not going to get in to this to deep but if king bred irishlady and she was so good how come he has not one of her breed in his yard, he has some whippet cross,. dogs he said he would never keep he also said he would never keep a saluki , but went in to them in a big way, but never really worked out for him..
Some claim it was Mr King, but I think you may hear a different story from muckypaws ;)
not going to get in to this to deep but if king bred irishlady and she was so good how come he has not one of her breed in his yard, he has some whippet cross,. dogs he said he would never keep he also said he would never keep a saluki , but went in to them in a big way, but never really worked out for him..

Well theres is one thing Im convinced Muckey Paws....You dont know Philip...

Guest oldskool

pardon me for being silly, i havent read all the posts... so is he still breeding his irish terrier lurchers or is he just stickin to coursin dogs???

just to clear this up owen o mahony owned irish ladys mother and her mothers sister bought them from king gave her back to king and he but a dog called rusty on her rusty was off old rocky and silky owen got back 2 pups one of whitch he sold to chalkie whyte from manchester this was irish lady the other he sold to belfast the sister of irish ladys mother he breed with rustys brother this resulted in the sligo express a far better bitch killed over 60 single handed in one season both in ireland and england preban

just to clear this up owen o mahony owned irish ladys mother and her mothers sister bought them from king gave her back to king and he but a dog called rusty on her rusty was off old rocky and silky owen got back 2 pups one of whitch he sold to chalkie whyte from manchester this was irish lady the other he sold to belfast the sister of irish ladys mother he breed with rustys brother this resulted in the sligo express a far better bitch killed over 60 single handed in one season both in ireland and england preban
the best owen had was a jacker and thats on dvd and the dvd dont lie once can be excused but two years in a row thats hard luck, as for knowing king i know him alright, as you say king bred her how come he has none of her breed now,as for her sister going to belfast,i never heard of her or anything out of her, BUT there is alot of stuff out of irishlady,

Im well impressed, black assassin......you know your stuff alright

When did kings dynasty with Irish terrier x lurchers begin? Any of use old pro's remember ''betty'' the full bred greyhound from the north that was put to a full irish dog. Now thats going back over 20 years.... and there was porkys told about them pups to :o

Guest ivorbigun

so which one of you is promoting kings shit pit................we say hancock is bad or some of you do :clapper::clapper:

but kings place is 10 times worse :angry: so like i said previously its a puppy farm of the worse degree so how come its not been closed down is beyond me, and anyone who throws as many pups out as him has to have the odd decent one ;) but theres more shit then good

so which one of you is promoting kings shit pit................we say hancock is bad or some of you do :clapper::clapper:

but kings place is 10 times worse :angry: so like i said previously its a puppy farm of the worse degree so how come its not been closed down is beyond me, and anyone who throws as many pups out as him has to have the odd decent one ;) but theres more shit then good

There you go again...Bigun....Proving that you dont know your arse from your elbow