good news and bad news

hiya everyone

was out with me gang as usual, my three lurchers and a clients terrier (pet boarding) having a lovely mooch,

me dog pup Sam came trotting up to me head held high and proud and retrieved nearly to hand a fully grown adult buck rabbit, only prob is the poor fecker had myxomatosis, which of course i've seen before but this was the worst case i have ever seen, the poor thing was covered and i mean COVERED in ticks that were huge, his eyes ears nose had all scabbed over, the fur was like wire, the poor feck barely moved i had to double check to see if he was alive

. . . shame to say he was but i soon popped him out of his misery

this is the fourth i have found this week! all in different areas also know a few pet bunnys that have been put down too

just wondered if anyone else has seen an increase in this nasty disease?

thanks for takin the time to read this

all the best lurcher lass

p.s happy with me pup though!

Well i would be very pleased if that was my pup, no such luck lol. Myxi is horrible though, we get it round my way every year but they seem to get over it eventually, sort of like they build up imunity. At least that one is no longer sufferring thanks to sam! :)

Think the weather might have something to with it too.....the last few winters have been pretty mild and hardly any frost to kill of the fleas that pass it on....lots up this way too. ;)

Edited by undisputed