My 1st cross bull x greyhound

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been reading this thread and some interesting points have come up but i think if the lads dog is working well now and even better next year and it is working to a high standard i.e not jacking etc then he has the right as the owner of the dog to do as he wants as he has already said some of the litter are for personal use. i for one would love a pup of this breed and if the sire of the pup is working well and the dam is a good all round working greyhound i think the pups should make good dogs. As it is his dog only he will know how well it is working and holds the right to breed it or not.

Steve

say if the dog is worked at 15 month then next season he should be worked more and harder so he breds from him all ok then in the dogs 3rd season he gets a bit of presure on him and worked HARD then the dog jacks you,ve then got a litter of pups that will be about 9 to 12 month old from a dog that jacked :clapper:

Yep, I suppose its up to the owner when he breeds from his mutt but anyone who breeds, especially for himself, really has to look deep, really deep.... Is your dog doing all that you want, all you can give it, are you doing enough with it, is there more in the tank, could it exceed your expectations and pass all that on to its progeny??? You could go on and on, its all about honesty.

Personally, thats a very tidy half cross, at 26" too, looks like it has a real gallop in it, which is good to see, if it was mine I'd ask myself all of the above and plenty more beside, i'd give it all it could handle and then some, i'd wait long enough to ensure it could maintain its standard of work over as many seasons as I could and then, i'd bang it over another half cross or a three quarter, pref from the same stuff. Good half crosses ain't as common as might be imagined and when they are as leggy as that rarer still, why dilute it with a greyhound..... Then again.... It ain't mine, do what the feck you like... ;)

i had a grayhound sume time back she was good worker 28in.i was going to breed sume 3/4 1/4 i must have kept her for a year she never came in sesson.i let her go to sume one i no.the girl i let it go to said shes still not cume in sesson yet.that must have been about two years with out cumeing in sesson.
she might of had a injection to stop her from coming in heat most greyhound blokes do that so they can carry on running them