My 1st cross bull x greyhound

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Countryboyo
to me i think blood line is shit yea ppl like to buy proven stuff but i think its alot of bolux and hes don himself well sofar so yea i want a pup outa him

What about the rest of the pups? Nice looking dog by the way. and he must have done 3 or four years worth of work for you that you are thinking of breeding from him already, atb with him.

every ones entitled to their own opinion on blood but it dont mean nothin to me. blood don make the dog read my other topic theres a few on there agree and some don but like i said everyone can have their own opinion :)

Guest Countryboyo

As long as you dont advertise them as pups from proven workers then I dont see the problem. But pal can you see it from the other point of view? From the men and women that believe in moving forward for the advancement of the Lurcher. They want every generation to be better than the previous one and many dedicate their lives to it in terms of working dogs, making sure that the best blood is only kept in existence. And there is no debating the fact that the best dogs are bred from proven workers. I hope you at least understand where they are coming from and respect the enthusiasts. If you do then atb

i agree with you to a certin extent about moving on with advancment lurchers or watever have you but how come you talk to any decent dog boy and the best lurcher they ever had died a few years ago so ho far have we moved on then not at all really :)

il take advive all day thats wat the site is for to help ppl out but i don like ppl takin the piss its my dog and il do as i please with him same as you would and i wouldn try tellin anyone wat to do with theirs .

Guest Countryboyo
i agree with you to a certin extent about moving on with advancment lurchers or watever have you but how come you talk to any decent dog boy and the best lurcher they ever had died a few years ago so ho far have we moved on then not at all really :)

If it was the best lurcher they ever had and they were "a decent dog boy" then they would have bred this dog to another proven worker. And I think most people are of the opinion that by the word proven they mean at least three hard and successful seasons under their belt but probably more. You have to understand that when people breed unproven dogs they are basically giving enthusiasts and devotees of the sport/lurcher a bit of a kick up the bottom to say the least. You also see it in the terrier game. Men put so much time and effort into getting dogs at such a high standard down through the years. They made sure the dogs absolutely undoubtedly deserved to be bred before considering carrying on their bloodline, Ie repeatedly performing at a very high level. They also culled hard and line bred. Basically they set the standard. So what do we do? do we take advantage of what these men have done for the sport in providing us with quality and just enjoy them while forgetting about the future? Or do we show the sport and devotees of the sport the respect they deserve for their time and effort by continuing in the right direction? ie forward onward upwards...... Every individuals choice makes a difference.

CB

I have been reading this thread and some interesting points have come up but i think if the lads dog is working well now and even better next year and it is working to a high standard i.e not jacking etc then he has the right as the owner of the dog to do as he wants as he has already said some of the litter are for personal use. i for one would love a pup of this breed and if the sire of the pup is working well and the dam is a good all round working greyhound i think the pups should make good dogs. As it is his dog only he will know how well it is working and holds the right to breed it or not.

Steve