1st of the season

Not much in the way of salmon related posts, and as i grassed my first of the year on wed evening i thought id share..

My boss has been up for his week on the aberdeenshire dee, and kindly asked if id like a few hours , i nearly took his hand off.. i met the ghille in the village and headed off to the beat, the river was 3ft high on the marker so only one pool was fishable, i kitted up with the 16footer, floating line and a yellow pot bellied pig, i said my goodbyes to jim and started to fish the pool, 2nd cast and my line went tight, and the fun began, its first run took me 30 odd yards into the backing :) i managed to ring jim who turned up just in time to slip the net under the fish, a quick photo and back it went to carry on its journey

post-4185-1248465761_thumb.jpg

nice fish mate is that beat 1 aboyne water ? i fished there a few years ago my girlfriend got her first fish at the tail end of that pool that day a sea troot about 3lb she thought i was touching the rod but i was about 10 ft away she got a right buzz when it took and landed it herself jims a good gillie :clapper:

Thats a nice fish.

I was thinking of giving the Salmon a go this season, probably on a river fairly local which with me living in the south west would probably be the Severn, Wye or Usk.

Has anyone any experience of these rivers ? or of the best day ticket beats.

cheers

fin and fur