22lr or 17hmr

i would got for .22 out to 100 yards, the shot is quieter than a hmr. not as flat but with practice it is easily posible, last night i shot for on the trot over 100 yards, nearest beign 109, furthest 122. kills them soft as grease. .22 is cheaper than hmr on ammo. .22 will also do foxes out at 100 is u put the bullet in the right place.

S/H Sako FinnFire .22, great quality, very accurate, use subs, moderator and the only noise you hear is the click of the very small bolt.

No damage to bunnies, no real ricochet issue with subs, shot flat a sub will drop to the ground within 300 yards anyway.

it is not really an issue, with such a low muzzle velocity, the effect of gravity and a heavy bullet, knowing your land and the surroundings, a sub is the least of your worries. It will never travel as far as a supersonic .22 or ricochet as far as that has the potential to.

Just put in for both, you dont have to fill the slots straight away. I use a .22LR semi for lamping form a vehicle, tends to be short range, and the .17HMR for longer ramge daytime huting. You can pickup a .22 for bugger all (paid £80 for the semi), and my CZ was around £280.

it is not really an issue, with such a low muzzle velocity, the effect of gravity and a heavy bullet, knowing your land and the surroundings, a sub is the least of your worries. It will never travel as far as a supersonic .22 or ricochet as far as that has the potential to.

If your out in the countryside in the middle of nowhere, your not going to affect many people, a .22 set at 60 yds will drop about 7-8" at 100 yds, they drop like a brick, if they hit and ricochet off anything, most of the power is lost they will tumble and not travel a great distance... like any gun your shooting, you should have a good backstop... If your shooting somewhere bulit up or partly urban then I'd stick to an airgun...

on the additional information sheet, Doc.4, where it says what i intent to shoot..

do i put down just rabbits or do i have to put down all the species i intent to shoot??

as wont they gather this information from my reason for having a firearm-vermin control

cheers

on the additional information sheet, Doc.4, where it says what i intent to shoot..

do i put down just rabbits or do i have to put down all the species i intent to shoot??

as wont they gather this information from my reason for having a firearm-vermin control

cheers

Small Ground Game and Vermin!