Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre (Essex) - 18th July 2009

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure we are starting the running after the showing, this way you wont get all the show dogs concentrating on the lure, we are also doing long jump, that we will be running all day.

The racing will be a minimum of 100 meters, but once we have pegged out the course and made sure we have enough netting we may get a longer run in, we do have to make sure we have enough stopping distance for the long dogs too of course so until we actually get there and put the netting up its really hard to say but it will be a minimum of 100 meters.

Ghostlyease is spot on - the racing will start after the terrier and lurcher championships. (The terrier & lurcher classes start at midday). There may still be some "fun" classes going on in the fun show (waggy tail and all that stuff), but hopefully that'll be far enough away not to be disturbed by the racing.

It's a pretty big field, so there's plenty of room to spread out! (You can google it too see - CM3 4HL)

And as Ghostlyease says, the Long Jump will be going on all day.

Cheers all

So many kind people have rung me today... but for anyone who hasn't rung up about the advert in the paper - the show is on 18TH JULY. That is the 18TH JULY

So sorry about the mis-print. It is the 18th July though, so please make sure that's the day you come to the...

WOODHAM FERRERS & BICKNACRE TERRIER, LURCHER & FERRET SHOW

18TH JULY 2009 (SATURDAY)

Terrier & Lurcher judging starts at noon. (Ferrets at 2pm)

Loads of qualifiers, including Chatsworth, Countryman's, East Anglain, Heart of Wales, Welsh Valleys, Scottish, Pride of The Peaks, Bull Cross qualifers and more!

Fun classes (best condition, waggiest tail, handsome this and pretty that etc) start at 11am in case you want a "warm-up".

All the usual terrier & lurcher classes and we may include some obedience (yes, I've been reading other topics in this forum!)

Excellent judges too.

ACES are coming too - it's well known what a brilliant job they do, so I don't need say anymore about the racing and agility!

Then there'll be ferret racing too - got a lad coming from Derbyshire to do that with all the stuff (I was going to say "kit" but that would be an obvious pun!)

Plenty of prizes (as always), but bring a bottle :drink: - sorry, no beer tent after all. :(

For us, it's about supporting working dogs and countryside activities - no frills.

One final message - it's on the 18th July!!

Cheers

07703 170512

hi mate, whats the adress that will be held at, nearest train station etc and also is the an enterece fee?

soory for the spot light interveiw lol

all the best lurcher lass

So many kind people have rung me today... but for anyone who hasn't rung up about the advert in the paper - the show is on 18TH JULY. That is the 18TH JULY

So sorry about the mis-print. It is the 18th July though, so please make sure that's the day you come to the...

Loads of qualifiers, including Chatsworth, Countryman's, East Anglain, Heart of Wales, Welsh Valleys, Scottish, Pride of The Peaks, Bull Cross qualifers and more!

Fun classes (best condition, waggiest tail, handsome this and pretty that etc) start at 11am in case you want a "warm-up".

All the usual terrier & lurcher classes and we may include some obedience (yes, I've been reading other topics in this forum!)

Excellent judges too.

ACES are coming too - it's well known what a brilliant job they do, so I don't need say anymore about the racing and agility!

Then there'll be ferret racing too - got a lad coming from Derbyshire to do that with all the stuff (I was going to say "kit" but that would be an obvious pun!)

Plenty of prizes (as always), but bring a bottle :drink: - sorry, no beer tent after all. :(

For us, it's about supporting working dogs and countryside activities - no frills.

Cheers

07703 170512

hi mate, whats the adress that will be held at, nearest train station etc and also is the an enterece fee?

http://www.wfandbdogshow.co.uk/2009_show.htm

Hey Lucy will it definately be going ahead tomrrow despite our lovely weather we've had today? i know what some land owners can be like about their fields

Yeah - we're definitely going ahead! That field is like concrete! Very well drained!

Excellent judges too.

Cheers

07703 170512

Hi,

Address is Lodge Road Playing Field, Lodge Road, Woodham Ferrers, CM3 4HL. Make sure you don't go to South Woodham Ferrers though because it's in the village of Woodham Ferrers! No entrance fee, but small charge for schedules instead (docking law and all that!) Nearest train station - South Woodham Ferrers, then a number 36 bus to Lodge Road in Woodham Ferrers. It is only a mile or so from the train station, but it's not a good walk - no pavement and busy road.

Hope you can make it.

Cheers

L

ACES had a great day the day was in aid of charity so ACES donated the money taken at both the long jump and the running to the charities that were being supported by the show, once the running got off to a start it went really well, we had some really good times as well as some very entertaining group races, funny how competative people can be one they get going, lol.

I enjoyed handing some lovely dogs on the day although my fave had to be the little white pup that ran near the end of the day, could have taken that home quite happily!

Hope everyone had fun.

ACES had a great day the day was in aid of charity so ACES donated the money taken at both the long jump and the running to the charities that were being supported by the show, once the running got off to a start it went really well, we had some really good times as well as some very entertaining group races, funny how competative people can be one they get going, lol.

I enjoyed handing some lovely dogs on the day although my fave had to be the little white pup that ran near the end of the day, could have taken that home quite happily!

Hope everyone had fun.

Hi there what was the best time recorded on the day there was a real good atmosphere when the dogs were running great addition to this good show . I run a patt called molly who looked like she was going to explode while she was waiting :D .