hi all,

i have a harris bipod which i love as it makes my shots all that much steadier, only porblem is, when i put it on my rimfire and have the legs folded up it 'twangs' when u fire. is there anything i can do to stop this, atm i just leave the legs down all the time but they get in the way sometimes

hi all,

i have a harris bipod which i love as it makes my shots all that much steadier, only porblem is, when i put it on my rimfire and have the legs folded up it 'twangs' when u fire. is there anything i can do to stop this, atm i just leave the legs down all the time but they get in the way sometimes

Never noticed this on any of my Harris. I get a bit of squeek on the swivels from time to time which just needs a hint of oil.

I suspect this "twang" may be something to do with the springs..have any been "over stretched"...knock it around a bit and see if you can pinpoint the noise, a bit of oil or perhaps tape wrapped over the area may help!

ATB

hi,

i dont think i have over stretched any springs but might have done, had it a fair while! i will give the tape wrap ago and see if we get far with it

if that does solve the problem, a neater solution might be to get some black heat shrink for electricals and put that on there

never had a problem like that but as it was said a bit of oil would,nt go a miss,i have had my harris on my .22.s for the last ten years and never had anything like that,

just thinking of getting a harris bipod for my .223 and was wondering what price are they now,

the 13-27 is the one i have on my .22 so i think i want that for my CZ.223,

Two things you can do to cure this. First,,remove the inside springs,,which retract the legs,,if you have that type. Just push the split pin out of the rubber foot to release the lower end of the spring,,then undo the top,pivot bolt to release the top of the spring,,,then throw it away.

The second solution is to do with the lower mounting for the external spring. Check to see if the spring is touching the leg anywhere.If it is,,get a grip of the lower mount with some Mole Grips or something similar,,and simply rotate it round the leg untill the spring has some clearance. That lower mount is just a friction grip on the leg and will move with a bit of effort.

never had a problem like that but as it was said a bit of oil would,nt go a miss,i have had my harris on my .22.s for the last ten years and never had anything like that,

just thinking of getting a harris bipod for my .223 and was wondering what price are they now,

1A2 13.5-27" Solid £ 102.95

S 25 12-25" Swivel £ 139.95 on the deben .com

W.D

1A2 13.5-27" Solid £ 102.95

S 25 12-25" Swivel £ 139.95 on the deben .com

W.D

Don't even think of paying that...Google them or go to sportsman gun centre etc, etc!! :thumbs:

HARRIS BIPOD 25C SWIVEL

HARRIS BIPOD 25C "13.5-27"...

Price: £97.50 (inc. VAT) sportsman gun centre

HARRIS BIPOD 25C 1A2 SOLID

HARRIS BIPOD 25C 1A2 "13.5-27" ...

Price: £71.50 (inc. VAT) sportsman gun centre

HI Deker thats one hell of a diffrence in prices .

W.D