i have an aviary my self mate keep zebra finch, benglinese , border canaries and java sparrows. Dont know if u can help me out mate but i have found when my birds are sitting eggs my jave sparrows seem to be destroying the nests have u any experience with these birds? ferret_uk

my jave sparrows seem to be destroying the nests have u any experience with these birds? ferret_uk

these birds are known for this, better to cage them seperatly if you want to breed others

Got 7 Budgies, Pair of Canaries and a pair of Java Sparrows in mine, not a large aviary but a comfortable size for what I've got, I think the java sparrows are the nicest to look at, They look almost like they are made of wax

i keep java sparrows, zebra finch, benglenese finch gold finch and border canaries but what i seem to be noticing is that my java sparrows are recking my finches nests and stealing nesting material i have 10 javas and they all seem to be turning into wreckers ferret_uk

there not for sale r they ?
;) no mate they cheer me up no end after a day at work sat in the garden with me mug of tea i`d reccomend them to anyone if you get a few on full song there great to have around ..

well Ferret,i think you would be better to seperate them when you want to breed,i seperated mine around may and then paired what i wanted to breed,bred a few bullies and goldies,and a good lot of mules,[linnet x roller][goldie x irish fancy][redpoll x irish fancy] and siskin x irish fancy.

• 4 months later...