CRACKING WEDNESDAY HUNT

hi all as im away next week for 3 weeks me and granite man went out last night with the air arms ,as he is in the process of getting a gun we share the gun ,so it started off with the usuall zero check ,only a couple of shots but it does the confidence good , we walked down to a field and over the second gate ,dave brought the gun up and standing shot it was a rabit with mixy :o 10 yds away and dispached it 1st one we seen (not good for the pot ),down to the next field it was my turn ,after a 50 mtr crawl to a fence there was 1 rabbit in a small paddock ,s410 resting on the fence THWACK ,rabit no. 2 ,we then whent to the next field where we usually see a couple but nothing ,so on over the brow and there was about 8 rabbits 70yds away ,so back on the ground for a long stalk ,it felt twice as far cuz some horse flys were really giving me some stick it was like a fecking chinock in me ear when its that quiet ,even with me swatting away i crawled to about 35 mtrs gun ready and thwack buny no.3 ,reload and buny no.4 in bag :):D ..it was then back up to get the truck to see new permission about quater of mile away .parked up and there was about 10 rabits in the field .they done a runner but we got a bout 30 mtrs from them and hid in the long grass ,5 minutes and it was daves crack at one about 25 yds ,thwack no.5 no messing and barely a twich ,then another 10 minutes and a cracking head shot by dave bowled over rabit no. 6 :gunsmilie: ..then it was back up to the other shoot we then mounted the night searcher and checked out another small field backing onto the farm ,not much out but rabbit no. 7 for me.. :clapper: ..it was then time to do some lamping from the truck ,dave driving i was in control of the gates and the s410 ,back to the big field it was another 3 to top of a cracking night,a good night i think as the farmer was complaining about rabbits eating the hay :) .hope this wasnt to long winnded but i like a story ,sorry no pictures but were newbies and aint quite got the hang of theses computer things ,give me a gun or fishing rod and im allright ..catch you soon cottswood and granite man :drinks: fi

Mate not a bad description of our nights shooting , But what about the flies ??? They were a pain in the arse, apart from the one you swallowed :sick: !!!!

what was your "mouth" doing so close!! to his fly's :whistling: ,and you swallowed? :icon_eek: i think i better invite you guys to moonlight valley :tongue2::tongue2:

Mate not a bad description of our nights shooting , But what about the flies ??? They were a pain in the arse, apart from the one you swallowed :sick: !!!!

what was your "mouth" doing so close!! to his fly's :whistling: ,and you swallowed? :icon_eek: i think i better invite you guys to moonlight valley :tongue2::tongue2:

no swallowing there lads definately a spitter me :blink:

Sorry mate , looks like i said the wrong thing there !! Any way the tally is now three rats and a magpie , Result :gunsmilie:

Them rats seem to love catfood and corn mixed ,gota go magpie in the garden :yes:

no probs man were definately talking about those nasty gits that sit on sh*t allday and pester the hell out of ya ,i think davyt63s mind is slighly corupted there :crazy: ..it will be a good result if you get that magpie ,one less cackling nest robber :clapper:

Edited by cottswood