Ferrets & Flu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustela putorious furo how many times have you claimed on your own site that ferrets cant catch flu from humans? just as you stated early in this thread a link is put up stating that influenza B can be transmitted twixt humans, seals and FERRETS. TRUE or FALSE

Y.I.S Leeview

just had it pointed out to myself that cd goes under the name of malleus on flaming ferret since he took over the site

Y.I.S Leeview

i dont like to get into arguments as iam a quiet person :rolleyes: but you say ferrets carnt catch the human flu ,what about catching cat flu then :D,wheres my wooden spoon gone

Who's said that ferrets can't catch the human flu? It's evident that they can.

Edited by CommanderData
mustela putorious furo how many times have you claimed on your own site that ferrets cant catch flu from humans? just as you stated early in this thread a link is put up stating that influenza B can be transmitted twixt humans, seals and FERRETS. TRUE or FALSE

Y.I.S Leeview

just had it pointed out to myself that cd goes under the name of malleus on flaming ferret since he took over the site

Y.I.S Leeview

Fascinating. Not.

Is it somewhere on flaming ferret that you've seen this claim that ferrets can't catch 'flu? There's a perfectly serviceable search option on that site, so it should be very easy for you to back up your claim with a link, because I've been unable to find any such nonsense.

Hi any form of the flu/cold type virus can possibly be dangerous to ferrets so my advice is stay away until you feel better.

Regards FT

There is no "flu/cold type virus", the viruses that cause both are quite distinct. In particular the rhinoviruses that cause colds are species specific, so unless by some magic you've managed to catch ferret cold your animals are quite safe from your human cold.

does nt this read that ferrets are quite safe from human cold? so what is ferret cold?

Y.I.S Leeview

Hi any form of the flu/cold type virus can possibly be dangerous to ferrets so my advice is stay away until you feel better.

Regards FT

There is no "flu/cold type virus", the viruses that cause both are quite distinct. In particular the rhinoviruses that cause colds are species specific, so unless by some magic you've managed to catch ferret cold your animals are quite safe from your human cold.

does nt this read that ferrets are quite safe from human cold? so what is ferret cold?

Y.I.S Leeview

Colds that ferrets get, I reckon.

Regards FT

Y.I.S Leeview

It's not exactly hard to understand, is it. The viruses that cause colds are species specific, as are many other viruses.

Who's ever heard of a human dying of canine distemper for instance? If ferrets were vulnerable to the human cold they'd be a God send to those researching into cold viruses, but they aren't.

Regards FT

Y.I.S Leeview

It's not exactly hard to understand, is it. The viruses that cause colds are species specific, as are many other viruses.

Who's ever heard of a human dying of canine distemper for instance? If ferrets were vulnerable to the human cold they'd be a God send to those researching into cold viruses, but they aren't.

Seems simple enough to me. :D

But then, if one has trouble discerning genetic issues from viruses, what hope do the subtleties between different viruses have?

'Lee' is doing his best, Coneytrappr.

But given that he can't even remember what CommanderData's username on Flaming Ferret was, I'd say it would be a good idea to give up before the men in white coats arrive.

He can't even remember how long he's kept ferrets. He claimed 50 years on this forum, but on a pet owner's website guestbook he claimed 40 years.....

:laugh:

'Lee' is doing his best, Coneytrappr.

But given that he can't even remember what CommanderData's username on Flaming Ferret was, I'd say it would be a good idea to give up before the men in white coats arrive.

He can't even remember how long he's kept ferrets. He claimed 50 years on this forum, but on a pet owner's website guestbook he claimed 40 years.....

:laugh:

now get it right "over 40yrs" at that time 2005 now 4yrs on over 50yrs :clapper::clapper: how time moves on

Y.I.S Leeview