New ferret kit

Guest ferret

hi used to breed wild polecats,both my jills lived to seven and eight years they were found in a wall down in pembrokeshire i have bred from them for years ,i found the offspring very nervous even the last couple of litters i bred, i never used the jills for rabbitting because of how nervous they were,its nice to have a first cross polecat but only for the looks ,you will be lucky if it becomes a great hunting animal,mine would be the first to any carcass i would put in the hutches but again they were nervous animals,i was only bitten once and i had three stiches in a nasty wound,you really have to know your animals,one of the jills bit me just after i put a rabbit carcass in the hutch,a tetanus and three stiches are not good on a late sunday evening, i have wrote articles on the polecats ,in both the countrymans weekly and also the earth dog running dog,at the time i had trhe polecats i also had a good working strain of greyhound ferrets,lucky enough i gave a mate some youngsters and his son have kept the line going i have just ahd two lovely jills of him,all the bes.t

This is a pic of my part wild poleys the mother is a 75% wild polecat brought up from the gloucester area and the father is a 100% DNA tested welsh polecat.

So far they are very tractable but time will tell, should have a head start though as i have handled the from 3 days old (after removing the mother to a seperate box as she would have put a pissed off wolverine to shame)

Regards FT B)

:ph34r: Basically because someone told me it could not be done!

That is to produce a handlable mainly wild polecat, so when i get told things like that i have to have a go!

ain't got the name ferret tamer for nowt

had ferrets brought in here that were totally feral and sent them out tame as kittens.

keep you all posted and will get some more pics today as that one is out of date

FT

Hi as promised some up to date pics of my part wild poleys as promised.

Have put them in with some other kits i have to continue with the socialization process.

They are now 6wks old and still handleable even more so now they are away from mum.

Will continue with updates on a regular basis FT

Guest ferreting king

i have a polecat. peblez is her name and she is dark if i can find a pic ill post it up

the 1st pic she looks like a normal polecat but over last winter until now she has changed one hell of a lot, il go and take a pic on her now to see the colour change of her coat

Edited by ferreting king
i have a polecat. peblez is her name and she is dark if i can find a pic ill post it up

the 1st pic she looks like a normal polecat but over last winter until now she has changed one hell of a lot, il go and take a pic on her now to see the colour change of her coat

Looks like a ferret FK :yes::laugh: