divers bottle

hi all just a quick question, i've got a divers bottle for my pcp and it has no test on, but i can still get it filled without been tested at this place i know for 2 pounds, is it still safe it's been out of test for nearly a year and have had it filled a number of times, i know it should be tested.

Guest Scuba1
hi all just a quick question, i've got a divers bottle for my pcp and it has no test on, but i can still get it filled without been tested at this place i know for 2 pounds, is it still safe it's been out of test for nearly a year and have had it filled a number of times, i know it should be tested.

I have used cylinders that where out of test for 6 years and more but I would not recommend it. At the end of the day its up to you and the person that fill it. If the thing goes bang I would not want to be near it as they do have a habit of destroying anything that's around them at that time.

I hope you don't expect anyone on here to say " Yea mate no problem " and then put the blame on that person when you end up with your balls blown of because " Ohhh he said it was ok to use it like that.

HTH

Michael

I have used cylinders that where out of test for 6 years and more but I would not recommend it. At the end of the day its up to you and the person that fill it. If the thing goes bang I would not want to be near it as they do have a habit of destroying anything that's around them at that time.

I hope you don't expect anyone on here to say " Yea mate no problem " and then put the blame on that person when you end up with your balls blown of because " Ohhh he said it was ok to use it like that.

HTH

Michael

no scuba just wondered if any one on here was doing the same i know it's dangerous and wouldn't advise any to copy i know the dangers, just wondered if anyone had done the same without test no wanting to pass the buck

regards the duck :icon_redface:

HTH

Michael

no scuba just wondered if any one on here was doing the same i know it's dangerous and wouldn't advise any to copy i know the dangers, just wondered if anyone had done the same without test no wanting to pass the buck

regards the duck :icon_redface:

If its out of test, then get it tested, if it fails, then get another, its not worth getting injured for £150 worth of bottle. ;)