small blisters of green puss on the belly?

Since i bought my Cocker pup a few weeks ago she has had small blisters of green puss on the belly.

These are just under the first layer of skin and can be removed by just wiping with cloth and then i apply disinfectant but they just come back in diff places.

Im reluctant to take to the vets as they narf rip you off around where i live - any ideas, they vary from pin head size to about 8 mm.

Cheers

Buck

Since i bought my Cocker pup a few weeks ago she has had small blisters of green puss on the belly.

These are just under the first layer of skin and can be removed by just wiping with cloth and then i apply disinfectant but they just come back in diff places.

Im reluctant to take to the vets as they narf rip you off around where i live - any ideas, they vary from pin head size to about 8 mm.

Cheers

Buck

my boxer has them mate the vets told me its a sign of a low thyroid count and shes been on steriods for the last 4 years what a rip off, if it doesent bother her dont bother we only took mine to a vet because she started to lose fur aswell.

Raiderboy

Cheers

Buck

my lurchers get them on the bottom of belly when they have been through thistles nettles and the like nowt to worry bout if your dogs running cover daily

My lot all get them, we call it 'grass rash' as they always get it after they've been in long grass. We presume it's something like thistles, nettles or grass irritating them. The spots are like zits, and like you say, vary in size from 1 mm to maybe 6 or 7 mm.

Aloe Vera moisturiser rubbed on the affected area gets rid of them. It affects the dogs who have the least coat under their bellies the most. The hairiest terrier doesn't get it as bad as the others.

Shell

For the first few times I took my pup out he had a lot of the blisters you are talking about, in my opinion it was because his skin was still thin being a pup, and he had reactions to stuff like grasses, nettles etc, and especially the stagnant muddy pools they splash through

As time has worn on they have got less and less, and now at 5 months he free of them.

This has happened to every pup I've owned to some extent more or less, so I don't worry about it, just disinfect them and wait for the skin to toughen up.

Tom.

Ive had similar experiences to shell and bigstu, as I find them on my dogs exposed undersides after encountering lots of thistles, mainly on my cockers, but the lurchers aswell. Like has been said just wipe with disinfectant, I would use hibi-scrub or dettol, and it clears up straight away.