FERRET FINDER.

Guest Frank

FERRET LOCATORS?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• DEBEN MK I
    • DEBEN MK III

Guest wickidweasel

I was in the same boat as you Frank i ended up getting a MK3 because the MK1 has a limited life now. Not used the mk3 in the field yet but have had a toy around at home with it and it seems very easy to use only sickener was that the newer version with the extra dial came out a couple of months after devaluing my hard earned cash I just hope Deben continue with the parts for as long as they have the MK1. My only regret so far is i bought the grey box because Hi-Vis ones wernt in stock. I would only get a MK1 set if it was at a fair price considering they are old and secondhand i dont think they should be making what they do.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought a mk1 when the mk 11 came out as i herd the mk11 was crap. if i was buying now i would get the mk111 however i havnt used it so am not in the place to really say so im just going on what ive herd on them allso the mk1 components arnt being made fullstop so once there broke thats it unless you can find some s/h. but the noise on the mk111 drives me crazy!!

Guest wickidweasel
Cheers,

how much do you think they are worth. the second hand MK I?

Frank.

personally i wouldn't pay anymore than about £50 for a secondhand box and collar.

If you look at the silly money they make on ebay i cant see why people don't just pay the extra few quid on a new set

You can but the parts they use arnt used in modern electronics , So they will get to a point that there will be no more . Well thats how I understood it .

thats how i see it and i cant see many wanting to chop up old tellies and stuff for the components

Guest wickidweasel
I see, intersting stuff, right, im going for the new MK III, now to tell the wife. :unsure::cry: :11:

Frank.

Thats the hard bit :11: 6 months later im still hearing about it

Guest moomin300uk

you can still get spares for now I sent a few boxes to deben this week as they were faulty they received full service new speaker componets new wheel they are like new now tho a full service is £49.95 but you get warranty with that (3 months) if you have plenty i would buy a mark 3 if not hunt around on ebay you can get bargains they are going for a lot at the moment £75 for box and collar... the boxes are worth what you are willing to pay... you will get cheaper if there is a few for sale its supply and demand.. If you have no joy frank i will ask my pals if they have one for sale on the cheap... bet they will be cheaper at march April and now people want them with the season looming

Guest moomin300uk
:o i wouldnt pay £50 for a box then £49.95 for a service extra £30 and youve got a Mk3 with full warranty

Maybe im just being tight tho :D

i never payed fifty :11: if i did i would be gutted paying a extra 50 I got a real bargin 2 boxes micro collar 35 pound :D