hw95k or bsa xl

i have owned quite a few weirauchs including the 35,77,97,90 and i currently own the 95 an in my opinion its is the best 1 it is light,accurate and deadly well recomended.

I have also shot the xl an did not like it 2 much recoil and loud

i have an xl and have trid the 95 and i perefer the 95 to my xl. its probably just because i'm more used to the xl than 95 but i stillthink the xl is a worthwhile gun. yes the recoil is bad, yes its not as accurate as the 95. but if you really want no recoil and good accuracy then go for a cheap pcp. the only thing i can comment about the xl is that its a a nice gun to handle in my opinion and fits me well. i'm trying to sell mine (as you can sea below) and buy a AA s200 anyway :icon_redface:

Edited by aaronpigeonplucker
bloody hell the hw95 is a class or several away from the bsa.

bsa, crap triggers, stupid different scope rails, kicks like a mule.

buy the hw, better trigger, easyer to tune.will last a lifetime

:clapper: Do ya reckon :o:laugh: I just never went that far :laugh: , but while I'm here and the "90" has been mentioned, the re-settable safety :yes::big_boss::drink:

trigger was heavy and recoil was pretty bad too

agreed mate Ive owned several 95,s as well as the xl, got rid of mine after 12 month.

id never buy another lightning.

95 it is then mate , what difference does the theoben gas ram in the 90 is that worth a look at. i know nuneaton well i live just the other side of tamworth four oaks way

Hi, mate.

I use a 90 and I really can't fault it. I've had it for over ten years and put many thousands of pellets through it and it's never missed a beat.

It's got a bit more weight than the 95 but I prefer a heavy gun as I find them easier to hold steady as most of my shots are standing.

Both are first class springers though and you should go for which ever one feels best for you.

Cheers.

Edit to say, I have a Lightning too (with a gas spring) and it can't hold a candle to the HWs.

i read on a site a guy had bought a slim jim pump for it he his lost power from time to time .is that the norm

No, mate, it's not.

It's very rare but a few have been known to leak. Same as any other machine, you get the odd bad one.

Cheers.