hw95k or bsa xl

hi could some one please give me advise on this . I am looking to buy but don't know which one ,they both look great but read some bad things on the xl .

just got started have an old super sport at the moment

cheers rich back yard plonker or is it plinker

Edited by diamond

mad al may be mad......but he's right in this case.....lol

hw is by far and away a better gun................compared to the xl

also.....the supersport is better than the lightning

cheers

sean

Edited by SEAN3513
trigger was heavy and recoil was pretty bad too

agreed mate Ive owned several 95,s as well as the xl, got rid of mine after 12 month.

id never buy another lightning.

95 it is then mate , what difference does the theoben gas ram in the 90 is that worth a look at. i know nuneaton well i live just the other side of tamworth four oaks way

agreed mate Ive owned several 95,s as well as the xl, got rid of mine after 12 month.

95 it is then mate , what difference does the theoben gas ram in the 90 is that worth a look at. i know nuneaton well i live just the other side of tamworth four oaks way

Hi, mate.

I use a 90 and I really can't fault it. I've had it for over ten years and put many thousands of pellets through it and it's never missed a beat.

It's got a bit more weight than the 95 but I prefer a heavy gun as I find them easier to hold steady as most of my shots are standing.

Both are first class springers though and you should go for which ever one feels best for you.

Cheers.

Edit to say, I have a Lightning too (with a gas spring) and it can't hold a candle to the HWs.

Edited by andyfr1968

Hi, mate.

I use a 90 and I really can't fault it. I've had it for over ten years and put many thousands of pellets through it and it's never missed a beat.

It's got a bit more weight than the 95 but I prefer a heavy gun as I find them easier to hold steady as most of my shots are standing.

Both are first class springers though and you should go for which ever one feels best for you.

Cheers.

Edit to say, I have a Lightning too (with a gas spring) and it can't hold a candle to the HWs.

i read on a site a guy had bought a slim jim pump for it he his lost power from time to time .is that the norm

mad al may be mad......but he's right in this case.....lol

hw is by far and away a better gun................compared to the xl

also.....the supersport is better than the lightning

cheers

sean

my super sport shoots ok , it is very old may be one of the first ones. has some cracks around the trigger , cant complain it was free.its got me started

rich

HW95K, pretty much the best springer, Cant fault it apart from you cant take the safety off.

how come.is that a bad thing

rich

Not really just means that once your pellet is in, and you push the sturdy little safety button then there is no way you can make the trigger 'safe' again. But unless youra real safety freak shouldnt bother you to much. The whole gun is just quality, adjustable trigger aswell so you can have it as tough or sensitive as you like!

Buy it!

Jack

p.s get it with the weihrauch silencer should come with it, very quiet indeed for a springer.