hello just got off the farm clay shooting my dog drunk from a trough which was stagnant and had a red algae like substance round it befor i could shoo her off she drunk some now were back home she has been real sick she was sick 3 times in the van then around another 5 times at home now she has hidden in a cupboard she has never been in befor and wont come out bit worried hopefully you guys can help thanks alot rob

Guest shadowz

Algae can kill dogs ( so if you think there is even a chance it might be that then its off to an emergency vets like tonight )

Blue green Algea poisoning

Some cyanobacterial blooms can look like foam, scum, or mats on the surface

of fresh water lakes and ponds. The blooms can be blue, bright green, brown, or red and may look like paint floating on the water.

It will be fatal is treatment is not saught very quickly - vomiting is the main symptom

Edited by shadowz
Algae can kill dogs ( so if you think there is even a chance it might be that then its off to an emergency vets like tonight )

of fresh water lakes and ponds. The blooms can be blue, bright green, brown, or red and may look like paint floating on the water.

It will be fatal is treatment is not saught very quickly - vomiting is the main symptom

just rung the vet there going to ring back the algae was around the edge of the trough walls and the water was stinking.. thanks for your reply so quick much appreciated

just rung the vet there going to ring back the algae was around the edge of the trough walls and the water was stinking.. thanks for your reply so quick much appreciated

just spoke to the vet she has said just keep an eye on her make sure she doesnt loose conciousness un rousable check for excessive salivatation currently she is looking ok if you whistle she wakes up but doesnt come to you just looks so she might just be feeling sorry for herself... thanks for your help rob

Guest shadowz

Bless her - yes the water with algea does pong horrid when the bloom rots away.

Hope she is soon feeling much better.

Would give her something very mild to eat for a couple of days like boiled rice and cooked chicken.

Just until her stomach recover from it all.

thank you very much for the reply's i stayed up all night to make sure she was ok and she is fine now back to her usual ways of mooching round and hunting thank you very much for your replys i would have been lost with out her

I am sick and tired of hauling my bitch out of the burn it stinks and she keeps doing it despite being told no her favourite is to stand there at the edge and almost smirk at me then step in as if hahaha what you gonna do about it when i come out i will be so smelly and wet you wont want me near you :rolleyes::o