Whilst trapping mink on a local farm I managed to catch a baby mink which was silver in colour. I have never seen a silver mink before and all of the others from the traps were the usual dark brown normal mink colour.

The pictures are on my phone so as soon as I can get it sorted I will post some pictures.

Just wondering if anyone else had ever seen or trapped a silver mink?

All the best 410 PHIL

Whilst trapping mink on a local farm I managed to catch a baby mink which was silver in colour. I have never seen a silver mink before and all of the others from the traps were the usual dark brown normal mink colour.

The pictures are on my phone so as soon as I can get it sorted I will post some pictures.

All the best 410 PHIL

Ive trapped a couple in my time, know of another man locally though who has trapped various different colours over the years.

Foxy

Years ago when I was a keen young Keeper I dug a rather elaborate system of trenches in the bank of our duck flight pond , placed the only Mk6 Fenn the shoot possessed in the middle and covered the lot to form one massive tunnel trap.Head keeper took the p*ss out of me ,the Boss, his brother and even his bleedin spaniel extracted so much urine that I risked death through dehydration ...

Driving around the lane the next morning I was overjoyed to spot evidence of a minor RTA in the welcome form of an unmarked dead mink of the usual dark brown variety . Ha Ha ,I'd show the disbelieving buggers ! I wasn't go to lie ,just leave the victim laying around the yard and let the others assume that it had fallen victim to my cunningly set trap and smile enigmatically when questioned.

Things actually turned out a little too successful though. Sure enough my wonderous artificial tunnel system had genuinely lured a mink to its death!.

This one was a wonderfull pale pastel lilac colour and the Boss sent it off to be stuffed . I can't remember how I explained the two mink in one trap scenario but I do recall that the Boss inadvertantly (probably while p*ssed) shut the farm collie in the Shoot clubhouse with the result that both the stuffed lilac mink and the pelt of a black fox that I'd caught, and with the enthusiasm of youth managed to preserve, were torn to pieces .

Edited by comanche

All the best 410 PHIL

Yes seen plenty silvers on rivers up my way