Guest TERRIERCENTRAL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Possum!

...but what's it used for?? :icon_redface:

finding the tube...

Thanks GTG1. So similar to how we would use a digging bar then.

No mate. A T bar is a "delicate" instrument for locating the whereabouts of of a tube, sometimes hollow, not like the more robust bars we use for breaking hard ground and loosening stones when digging. Absolutely fabulous looking T bar GTG, I wouldn't want to put that in the ground it's a work of art. Cheers, D.

PS has anybody mentioned bog roll?

Thanks Possum!

finding the tube...

No mate. A T bar is a "delicate" instrument for locating the whereabouts of of a tube, sometimes hollow, not like the more robust bars we use for breaking hard ground and loosening stones when digging. Absolutely fabulous looking T bar GTG, I wouldn't want to put that in the ground it's a work of art. Cheers, D.

depends on if you have permison or not

Guest GoneToGround1
Thanks Possum!

finding the tube...

its not my bar mate its POSSUM's, id like to know though where he either bought it or got the materials to make it, them stainless ones are worth their weight in gold mine is ok but rusty i used a stainless 1 a few months back with a mate off here and it was spot on...

Thanks Possum!

finding the tube...

Thanks Dytkos.

Why bring an extra piece of kit to the field when the digging bar could do the same thing (obviously handling it gently when searching for the pipe)?

Thanks Possum!

finding the tube...

Thanks Dytkos.

Why bring an extra piece of kit to the field when the digging bar could do the same thing (obviously handling it gently when searching for the pipe)?

It's not too easy to "probe" for a tube with a bar about 5ft long, 1 and a 1/2 inches long, weighing about 10 or more pounds (I've never weighed one). No problem having a 2 pound bar as well if you've got the rest of the kit mentioned earlier. Cheers, D.

It's not too easy to "probe" for a tube with a bar about 5ft long, 1 and a 1/2 inches long, weighing about 10 or more pounds (I've never weighed one). No problem having a 2 pound bar as well if you've got the rest of the kit mentioned earlier. Cheers, D.

Excellent....thanks.

Sorry for the newbie questions but not many diggers across the pond to learn from ;)

Excellent....thanks.

Sorry for the newbie questions but not many diggers across the pond to learn from ;)

thought you lot were supposed to be proper terrier men? not ONE of you has mentioned the single most important thing to take on a dig!!!............................. 1 or 2 BIG, GULLIBLE BUILT LIKE A BRICK SHITHOUSE MATES,to do most of the hard work.
Guest GoneToGround1

Excellent....thanks.

thought you lot were supposed to be proper terrier men? not ONE of you has mentioned the single most important thing to take on a dig!!!............................. 1 or 2 BIG, GULLIBLE BUILT LIKE A BRICK SHITHOUSE MATES,to do most of the hard work.

alot of the time people built like that are as much use as a brick shithouse...