i know their ment to be agrssive to game etc. but the only dog he isnt agressive to is the jack russel he was brought up with. both almost 6 years old now but he has always been very aggrssive to any dog no matter what size.He has a very strong prey drive,deep bark and has no fear.we have always tried to train him to stop being aggressive to other dogs but it just doesnt work.we took him round my mates the other day and they have an alsation (i think ;) )

and he just lunged at her.

on the other hand the jack russel is good as gold.they was both brought up the same.

any tips or ideas on how to calm him down or stop him from attacking other dogs.

appreciate any advice or info.

Edited by stanley1191

i know their ment to be agrssive to game etc. but the only dog he isnt agressive to is the jack russel he was brought up with. both almost 6 years old now but he has always been very aggrssive to any dog no matter what size.He has a very strong prey drive,deep bark and has no fear.we have always tried to train him to stop being aggressive to other dogs but it just doesnt work.we took him round my mates the other day and they have an alsation (i think ;) )

on the other hand the jack russel is good as gold.they was both brought up the same.

any tips or ideas on how to calm him down or stop him from attacking other dogs.

i have a pat and russel they are both 7 brought up the same but the pat is far more aggresive he occasionally has a go at the russel and hates black lurchers, the only way ive found to calm him down is keep hes head on the rabbits and rewarding him for that, and if he does get aggresive outside of working him i put him out of site of me and other dogs for a couple of hours he then becomes very submissive hope it helps

i have a pat and russel they are both 7 brought up the same but the pat is far more aggresive he occasionally has a go at the russel and hates black lurchers, the only way ive found to calm him down is keep hes head on the rabbits and rewarding him for that, and if he does get aggresive outside of working him i put him out of site of me and other dogs for a couple of hours he then becomes very submissive hope it helps

i cant see him ever becoming submissive.i can only see him fighting to the death and never stoping.he once pinned a staff in the street who was off its lead and just ran up to my dog.

its like he has to be pack leader or leader of any animal?

Edited by stanley1191

i cant see him ever becoming submissive.i can only see him fighting to the death and never stoping.he once pinned a staff in the street who was off its lead and just ran up to my dog.

does he still have his bollocks

yes.we took him out today and he had a go at every dog that walked past and all the horses at the fence. he nipped my younger brother on the arm aswell (never drew blood and it wasn an accident as he was barking and his elbow whent into his face)

does he still have his bollocks

yes

Edited by stanley1191
have you bred off him if not give it a go walking round with a sack full poor dog

try mussling him and putting him with a non aggresive dog(s) more the better. if you can do this regular it may break the pattern. he needs a new thought pattern when it comes to meetin new dogs. anythings worth a try

have you bred off him if not give it a go walking round with a sack full poor dog

try mussling him and putting him with a non aggresive dog(s) more the better. if you can do this regular it may break the pattern. he needs a new thought pattern when it comes to meetin new dogs. anythings worth a try

cheers mate. we do muzzle him when theirs a few dogs around. we whent for a walk down farnborough other day and he had his muzzle on we walked past this massive dog no idea what it was and he jumped at it and pushed it to the ground lol ( i think it probably lost its footing more than anything) but he just wants to fight or maybe its rough play?

would the best soloution be to let him fight with my mates dog until they choose dominant pack leader? or could it get bloody as i heard pat's fight to the death.

because id like to take him down their often as their house backs on to woods and brands hatch.

Edited by stanley1191

cheers mate. we do muzzle him when theirs a few dogs around. we whent for a walk down farnborough other day and he had his muzzle on we walked past this massive dog no idea what it was and he jumped at it and pushed it to the ground lol ( i think it probably lost its footing more than anything) but he just wants to fight or maybe its rough play?

would the best soloution be to let him fight with my mates dog until they choose dominant pack leader? or could it get bloody as i heard pat's fight to the death.

because id like to take him down their often as their house backs on to woods and brands hatch.

hey stanley farnborough only few miles away from me ill be keepin an eye out for any pats about just incase he lunges at mine lol.i rekon you should wear him out ona good few rabbits, at the end of the day get another dog in on the action if hes concentratin fully on the work at hand (like pats generally do)the other dog shouldnt be as much of a target, it may be a good way to get him into other dogs in a friendly non teritorial way. breeds dont tend to fight to the death, individuals maybe with bad trainin. it could be that maybe he needs a good nip to sort out his standing in the pack, always an answer matey its findin the right one

hey stanley farnborough only few miles away from me ill be keepin an eye out for any pats about just incase he lunges at mine lol.i rekon you should wear him out ona good few rabbits, at the end of the day get another dog in on the action if hes concentratin fully on the work at hand (like pats generally do)the other dog shouldnt be as much of a target, it may be a good way to get him into other dogs in a friendly non teritorial way. breeds dont tend to fight to the death, individuals maybe with bad trainin. it could be that maybe he needs a good nip to sort out his standing in the pack, always an answer matey its findin the right one