Speaking from experience with bullbreeds,and it seems from what people say that Patts are in ways quite similar in temp to some bullbreeds.

This considered i would strongly advise against allowing any such dog to"fight it out"

At a guess i would say the risk of losing one or both dogs to serious injury is too high and if i am imagining your dog to be like some others i have handled would achieve nothing but sore dogs and huge vets bills to repair them.

I know how much of a pain a dog aggressive dog is to live with but at least he is quite small- imo when you breed for particular traits you sometimes have to deal with what side effects there are.

I totally understand where you are right now and personally I don't think theres a solution.. if there is, I would pay good money for it.

I have my older lurcher who is sound in the field and given the chance would have a good go at anything.... Great :thumbs: BUT he is an unpredictable git and very aggressive to other dogs.. no matter the size, shape or colour... he lives alongside my other bitches and has NEVER even grumbled at them. I have been given some really stupid advice at times.... had him neutered .... :icon_eek: think this has made him worse !!!!

He is muzzled when we go out in public places and I have to find places to excersise him where there are no other dogs... its a real pain but he's my mate and I love him.

I have to compromise a lot for him which does affect my social life... :( I thought it was all mouth until he got hold of a big, black, dosile greyhound a year or 2 ago :(

I was at my friends at the weekend where her fella thought he was the dog whisperer... their dog now has puncture wounds in his neck !!!!! :no: The same weekend.. he attacked the new pup in the back of the van.. !!!! Yes he was wound up.. yes he could've been frustrated and hot.. but excuses for attacking a pup? He in now muzzled in the house and I have a lame pup.. :(

Definitely do not allow a fight to ( sort it out ) it would be a disaster I am sure and a high risk of serious injuries to the dogs !! I have been asked to muzzle mine with another muzzled dog and put them together.. not tried this.. and unlikely to, so can't say if that would work.

YOU know your dog.. and you know what he is capable of........ if you try something and it works... please let me know !!! :yes: