Guest Scuba1
new to PCP rifles just wondering if i can use a medical oxygen bottle to fill the buddy bottle on a bsa s10 or do i need to buy a divers tank?

NNNNOOOOOOOO

Using oxygen, your rifle will go bang .... but only once. It has to be a designated air cylinder I am afraid. You could use some inert gas like nitrogen but that would be more expensive to fill and the industrial cylinders way a ton.

HTH

Michael

new to PCP rifles just wondering if i can use a medical oxygen bottle to fill the buddy bottle on a bsa s10 or do i need to buy a divers tank?

NNNNOOOOOOOO

Using oxygen, your rifle will go bang .... but only once. It has to be a designated air cylinder I am afraid. You could use some inert gas like nitrogen but that would be more expensive to fill and the industrial cylinders way a ton.

HTH

Michael

ok what gasses can you use becuase i am looking at getting my 1st pcp and my dads a welder so i can get gases

The only Gas anybody wants to be putting in their pre-charged rifles is BREATHING AIR, from an appropriate tested cylinder.

Forget all your crazy ideas of "you can get hold of this and that" or "my uncle joe makes his own methane,Will that do???"

You can pick up a cylinder in test for about 50 nicker, and it will cost you about £2 to fill each time with BREATHING AIR.

;)

Edited to add, dont mean to rant, just read my post and i thought i sounded just like matt the bloody ratt on my high horse!! No offence mtr but you do go on sometimes!!

oxygen anyhting highe rthan 40% concentration becomes explosive under pressure and exposed to certain greases or oils.

breathing air has 21% Oxygen so no probs

start using argon or nitrogen or Co2 oe what ever and youll start losing zero with different gases etc due to the molecules of the gas being of different sizes even tho same pressures

as said wisely stick to normal BREATHING AIR

oxygen anyhting highe rthan 40% concentration becomes explosive under pressure and exposed to certain greases or oils.

start using argon or nitrogen or Co2 oe what ever and youll start losing zero with different gases etc due to the molecules of the gas being of different sizes even tho same pressures

as said wisely stick to normal BREATHING AIR....just the stuff your breathing now but compressed to higher pressure..

on a safety note.....treat your PCP and the diving cylinder wisely carefully......they contain HIGH PRESSURE roughly 3000 psi average say....

a car tyre only has 30 psi!!!!!

fed up of seeing folks knocking them bout etc not realising they have a potential bomb in their hands

all the best

Sauer

Edited by sauer
Guest Scuba1

as said wisely stick to normal BREATHING AIR

I beg to differ on the nitrogen front. You have got the 21% Oxygen in air right but the other 79 are in fact Nitrogen. Argon would be another gas that one could use for a PCP even though the cost compared to compressed air it is a bit over the top. As far as losing zero goes.......... well have another think about that one. ;)

ATB

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scuba1

Just a few hang ups here

1: the fill pressure of your gun and the cylinder you are filling from is the same i.e. you are not going to get more then one full fill out of your cylinder.

2: Oxygen cylinder use different valves to dive cylinders and you would be pushed to find an adapter for your filling kit

3: Dive shops will or can not fill a oxygen cylinder because of the different valve on it.

In short forget it sorry

Have a look here http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=95354

ATB

Michael