wild boar hunt while on hols

here are a few pics of me freezing my bxxxxxks off,was very cold as i went to see a old mate who moved out to bulgaria,not exactly a pretty place of bulgaria.was there for 8 days in feb 09,he knew the local shooting gangs who offered me some boar hunting,didnt cost much but been offered a hunt with another club next time,for free,as long as we split the game ,which will be more than just wild boar.

Rifle on loan is a CZ 30-06 with meopta scope

post-21735-1242732024.jpg

post-21735-1242732052.jpg

post-21735-1242732100.jpg

Micky

Not a clue mate.they didnt weigh them,just shoot skinned ,butchered and given to locals.shot 2 over 4 afternoons. looking forward to my next trip.hopefully in the next few months once ive taken my mrs to egypt on 22nd june,she should be ok with me going again without her,,lol :clapper::clapper:

Nice one mate, how heavy was that one?

for them 2 was 50 euros each,goes up every 50 for the age and size,so quite cheap 4 days

Mick

Not a clue mate.they didnt weigh them,just shoot skinned ,butchered and given to locals.shot 2 over 4 afternoons. looking forward to my next trip.hopefully in the next few months once ive taken my mrs to egypt on 22nd june,she should be ok with me going again without her,,lol :clapper::clapper:

Nice one mate, how heavy was that one?

Hi mate, not from them 2 i shot but i did eat some that was prepared [bANNED TEXT]. i see in ur pic u have one,where was that at ?

mick

Nicely done fella, that's a fine size of beastie. Did you get to eat any of your spoils??
Hi mate, not from them 2 i shot but i did eat some that was prepared [bANNED TEXT]. i see in ur pic u have one,where was that at ?

mick

Nicely done fella, that's a fine size of beastie. Did you get to eat any of your spoils??

Hi Mick,

Sorry for the late reply, the one in the picture a UK boar, the subject of my thread "my first boar(sow)" although I have been promised an outing in Croatia later this summer.

Regards,

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MickyB

Nice pair of boar there Micky... sounds like excellent value hunting aswell! :thumbs:

Nice sized pigs. Are you allowed to hunt wild pigs in the UK with dogs?

Except for rats and rabbits... no wild mammals can be legally hunted with dogs in England and Wales, however we can still use dogs to track shot animals and we can use up to two dogs to flush mammals to the gun.... we get by one way or another!!

Edited by MickyB
  • 1 month later...

nice one pal, its ashame we have to go all the way to bulgaria to do some proper huntin, maybe you should organise a hunting party to go with ya next time. might be a nice little sideline if youve made the connexions :thumbs::hunter:

• 2 weeks later...