LOOK WHAT WE FOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a pest is a pest. :D i'd of whispered in their ear with the 22 ;) or perhaps i woulda let em go :o then bowled em over with the 12bore when they reached 15yards :clapper: i mean dont want ta damage wa trap. ;)

Wrong there!!

A spicies is only a pest if it causes a nusiance or damage. Same as a weed is only a weed in your garden, outside your garden it's just another wild flower.

TC

nice touch

:clapper: some folk are always tryin to ice skate up a hill :D what makes you think i kill everything i see :) you are very wrong there ;) i think there is a bit of cuddly cute furry animal syndrome kickin in here :o oohh i will let the little un's go and maybe get a chance to kill em when there bigger :D do me a favour man. come on now keep it real. ;)
Bit of a contradiction there Tallyho isnt it..................? Spouting its wrong to kill cubs when you are obviously going to kill them when they are older.

where have i spouted in my post its wrong to kill cubs then ?????? i dont mind if people choose to kill um , we choose not to kill them so end os story really .

its not always a case of kill every thing you come across ,

no it is'nt . but you are obviously killing magpies and crows in your larsen, why, you dont HAVE to kill them.. do ya. :D

them corvids raid nests and take game no differant to a fox :) so you kil them :) and let the foxes go :D have a word . ;)

Well said BBB :clapper: If you've got a litter of cubs in the area then surely whatever you have saved by killing the magpies will just be taken by the foxes?!

:clapper: some folk are always tryin to ice skate up a hill :D what makes you think i kill everything i see :) you are very wrong there ;) i think there is a bit of cuddly cute furry animal syndrome kickin in here :o oohh i will let the little un's go and maybe get a chance to kill em when there bigger :D do me a favour man. come on now keep it real. ;)

do you keep lurchers or terriers ?????

Edited by Tallyho

do you keep lurchers or terriers ?????

not nowadays [ not worth it anymore] but back in the late 1980's to the mid 90's .i used to live for diggin ;) but sport with dogs aside. those cubs you will be lucky to see in winter. they by there very nature will be predating on other species game, domestic ect. for me personaly there is no way they would of been released, but if that is your choice , so be it. it takes allsorts eh.. ;)

Guest hyperion

my tuppence worth................

personally if id caught them in a larsen i would have let them go too, personal choice, if i saw either of them the next day and i had a gun or rifle in my hand then................., but thats just me!

did tallyho have the correct means of despatch to hand?, if not they have to go free, or are you going to hit them over the head with a shovel??

also if you shoot one the other is going to freak out big time and seconds can seem like hours when your waiting for some one to put a bullet in your head, not very humane is it!

far better to let them go and take their chances for a while, you might never see them again or they might be in your hen house next week who knows, its not fuzzy thinking its just respect and a different way of looking at things i guess!

cheers

hyperion

my tuppence worth................

personally if id caught them in a larsen i would have let them go too, personal choice, if i saw either of them the next day and i had a gun or rifle in my hand then................., but thats just me!

did tallyho have the correct means of despatch to hand?, if not they have to go free, or are you going to hit them over the head with a shovel??

also if you shoot one the other is going to freak out big time and seconds can seem like hours when your waiting for some one to put a bullet in your head, not very humane is it!

far better to let them go and take their chances for a while, you might never see them again or they might be in your hen house next week who knows, its not fuzzy thinking its just respect and a different way of looking at things i guess!

cheers

hyperion

thanks , it is every one to there own .

I'm with BBB all the way its IS hipercritical to kill corvids and not the foxes i mean "hello" no disrespect but with a name like tallyho you'll probably find he loves to hunt hound etc and they don't kill cubs as it kills their sport iv no problem with that except your killing corvids :blink: just seems odd

I'm with BBB all the way its IS hipercritical to kill corvids and not the foxes i mean "hello" no disrespect but with a name like tallyho you'll probably find he loves to hunt hound etc and they don't kill cubs as it kills their sport iv no problem with that except your killing corvids :blink: just seems odd

dont judge me just because of the name i use, you dont know me or what i do so dont be so quick to jump to such wrong conclusions .

This is precicely the preoblem with this website...Too many people just want an argument.

-------------------------------------------------------------

No they dont :tongue2::D

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quite suprised you let them go as in the background i can see sheep will they not cause problems with the sheep in the future?

Edited by badgeroy
Guest hyperion

its not hypocritical to kill corvids and not kill the fox cubs!

ten years ago if id been tallyho and found those cubs i would have shot them out of hand, these days (and im only 32) i just see it a different way!

i dont hunt with hounds but i see no point in killing those cubs, a trap was set for magpies and caught foxes instead, so you scratch your head, take a few photos, tell them you will see them another day then wish them the best of luck and let them go!

they have learnt a lesson and brightened up your day so why spoil it by killing them?

cheers

hyperion