I was sat at home yeaterday ,pissed off with the weather .Just get the coat on and down it came again .About 7.30 pm it eased off enough to think about getting in the truck .Once your out it dosnt seem to matter about the rain does it but going out in the rain is soul destroying .Went to a place that i share with another lad and who has all but wiped out the deer ,well according to the farmer anyhow but last night proved different .Straight away saw two does and i think maybe a buck was nearby in a wood but i never saw him despite a good wait of 3/4 of an hour .Moved on around the ground which is a funny shape really ,some fields that should be his arnt and a few that shouldnt be ,are ,lay out wise .I cut across a grass field only to see a buck enter the top corner ,clock me and turn back into the shelter belt .Too much of a hurry there !.

The buck was seen in the trees making its way to another field of mine but across another i dont have .Keeping up i hope :clapper: .I decided on a hurry to intercept him and made good ground to my position in a hedge .Saw him come through the hedge and make a bee line for the far hedge ,obviously on a mission.Glassed the far hedge and could make out a much smaller buck facing me ,looking straight at me it seemed .The buck that i first saw was a good six but i decided on the lesser cull buck as hopefully the six will live to breed this rut .Now i had a dilemer though .The six was facing the cull but i knew if i moved ,he or the cull would be off so i waited ,and waited with the the six just standing no more than 90 yards off me but the cull a good 200 plus .The stalemate was broken when the six decided to withdraw the way he came so i let him get well away befor crawling to the cull buck .Got to within 150 yards and decided to have him .The light wasnt too good now but the 7x56 was ample for the job .Waited a few minutes for him to shuffle a bit more and dropped hin through the chest .I was pleased to have gotten him as he was a true spiker .

stalking018.jpg

Edited by foxdropper