Thurlow hunt some time ;later ;)

Hey Donny

How are ya???

Are you still involved with the Essex and Suffolk? Do you know when this years is on? I have got a mega busy summer...my horse has got loads of shows and has qualified for loads of champs already! Plus my fella proposed to me in April and we are getting married in Sept!! So all systems go and need to get dates sorted....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need to look forward in a few years who is going to go to the shows ?Terriers with undocked tails? the ones who were docked will not if you have to pay to get in.If you want to support working terrier shows you have let the entry be free.There are other ways to get over this but it seems not many even try
out of interest don how do you think hunt and terrier shows will go in the next few years a lot are on thr arses now - spoke to someone on the phone recently asking me to judge a show - the conversation went along the lines of whr off to such a show on sunday whr in with a chance because not many go :clapper: i won best in show best pup with the same bitch and res with a dog aswell as best working . and pairs at a show last year - 16 dogs in the whole show :icon_redface: .. i got 3rd with a russell pup at a show in wales in the 80s 32 in the class .. the commitee at a certain club dont have a say in things its run by one person :whistling: Edited by the_stig
Nobody have the date for the Essex & Suffolk?

I know they (Essex & Suffolk) have a hound point to point and terrier racing afternoon on 25th May though in case anyone's interested in that! Should be fun. Any more than that, I don't know...

I know they (Essex & Suffolk) have a hound point to point and terrier racing afternoon on 25th May though in case anyone's interested in that! Should be fun. Any more than that, I don't know...

Lucy I came to your show last year and won the Patterdale bitch class and someone to do with the show was taking pictures of the winners. Am i able to see the picture anywhere?

Lucy I came to your show last year and won the Patterdale bitch class and someone to do with the show was taking pictures of the winners. Am i able to see the picture anywhere?

Is this you...

If so, I remember her, she's a credit to you. Mind you, I am biased towards patterdales (as you can probably tell from my photo!)

post-18944-1242888949_thumb.jpg

Is this you...

If so, I remember her, she's a credit to you. Mind you, I am biased towards patterdales (as you can probably tell from my photo!)

Thats my girlie! Lol. Thanks Lucy. Hopefully I can get her pups out this year too... Kept two back from a litter I had out of her last year a chocolate dog and a red dog... The chocolate dog is a right poser!

Is this you...

Thats my girlie! Lol. Thanks Lucy. Hopefully I can get her pups out this year too... Kept two back from a litter I had out of her last year a chocolate dog and a red dog... The chocolate dog is a right poser!

Magic! Hope to see them posing at our show in July!

Need to look forward in a few years who is going to go to the shows ?Terriers with undocked tails? the ones who were docked will not if you have to pay to get in.If you want to support working terrier shows you have let the entry be free.There are other ways to get over this but it seems not many even try
out of interest don how do you think hunt and terrier shows will go in the next few years a lot are on thr arses now - spoke to someone on the phone recently asking me to judge a show - the conversation went along the lines of whr off to such a show on sunday whr in with a chance because not many go :clapper: i won best in show best pup with the same bitch and res with a dog aswell as best working . and pairs at a show last year - 16 dogs in the whole show :icon_redface: .. i got 3rd with a russell pup at a show in wales in the 80s 32 in the class .. the commitee at a certain club dont have a say in things its run by one person :whistling:

I think if you pick judges that are not known on the circuit there should be fair judging ..If plenty of other attractions are present see no reason for them not to carry on..Ours has some fair amounts of dough invested in prizes must run into thousands and plenty for kids to do ..Provisionaly got a chopper booked for short trips.. syndicate fishing day tickets etc ..Hopefully it will go right if so Id like to get it where it was a few years back The best in eastanglia.Southern countys champion of champions next year ...You might get a call ;) Hope you pop down to support us better than that other fiasco..held down here too many times a year
out of interest don how do you think hunt and terrier shows will go in the next few years a lot are on thr arses now - spoke to someone on the phone recently asking me to judge a show - the conversation went along the lines of whr off to such a show on sunday whr in with a chance because not many go :clapper: i won best in show best pup with the same bitch and res with a dog aswell as best working . and pairs at a show last year - 16 dogs in the whole show :icon_redface: .. i got 3rd with a russell pup at a show in wales in the 80s 32 in the class .. the commitee at a certain club dont have a say in things its run by one person :whistling:

I think if you pick judges that are not known on the circuit there should be fair judging ..If plenty of other attractions are present see no reason for them not to carry on..Ours has some fair amounts of dough invested in prizes must run into thousands and plenty for kids to do ..Provisionaly got a chopper booked for short trips.. syndicate fishing day tickets etc ..Hopefully it will go right if so Id like to get it where it was a few years back The best in eastanglia.Southern countys champion of champions next year ...You might get a call ;) Hope you pop down to support us better than that other fiasco..held down here too many times a year

donnyc - you seem to know what you're talking about, but what advice do you have for smaller shows that do not have a big budget? (Like one that starts off with £150)...?

donnyc - you seem to know what you're talking about, but what advice do you have for smaller shows that do not have a big budget? (Like one that starts off with £150)...?

Get the judges to do it for free most will ..get your classes arranged .Just make sure and ask about first that the judges are fair minded not its gotta be black or white etc ..They have to judge every class according to that breeds type..ie they might hate a border but he could be the best there some havent the bottle to pick the right dogs he fancies cos his mates outside disagree with him ....In short it should be the best terrier on the day be it white black or red and bollocks to others opinions ..Preferly a grafter ..Parking by raffle tickets thus allowing docked terriers in ..Plenty for kids to do ...BBQ good money spinner keep prices low raffles trade stands etc ..PM me if Ive missed something

Get the judges to do it for free most will ..get your classes arranged .Just make sure and ask about first that the judges are fair minded not its gotta be black or white etc ..They have to judge every class according to that breeds type..ie they might hate a border but he could be the best there some havent the bottle to pick the right dogs he fancies cos his mates outside disagree with him ....In short it should be the best terrier on the day be it white black or red and bollocks to others opinions ..Preferly a grafter ..Parking by raffle tickets thus allowing docked terriers in ..Plenty for kids to do ...BBQ good money spinner keep prices low raffles trade stands etc ..PM me if Ive missed something

sound advice don i`ve never charged for judgeing even after chucking 30-40 notes of my own petrol money at it ...

ask about for companys to sponsor trophies in return for thier company name on trophy and advertising on schedule...you ll be suprised at how many say yes.........but most of all as donny says,your show will only be as good as the judges you pick...if you pick a judge that choses same dog/person time and time again then forget it...always pick a judge that hasnt judged at all that season then hopefully there is no preconceived opinions of who he will pick..........i have got judges this year from three hundred and fifty miles away,just let someone tell me who will be the winner at my show,the one guy has nt judged for over ten years but god he knows a good dog ...do your homework it will pay off