Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About J.F

  • Rank
    Rookie Hunter

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I have an FAC for air rifles and a slot for a rimfire. Looking at getting a rimfire, I know you need to notify on the purchase of a new firearm. But do you have to notify each time you purchase ammunition? Or is it just recorded on your licence, I know you have a limit on your licence as to how much you can hold and must be in a separate safe to the gun cabinet. Thanks .
  2. Does anyone know if the BSA R10 stock will fit the BSA R10 SE? Looking at another stock for my r10 se but have seen an r10 stock. Would it fit?
  3. Thanks guys. Yes i general always check the Gov.uk website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prevent-wild-birds-damaging-your-land-farm-or-business#general-licences Yes there has been a change in the general licence terms and conditions, from what i understand the animals listed on it haven't really changed but in 2014 or 15 the law changed to say that you can no longer presume no lethal methods won't work and resort to shooting straight away. You now have to attempt none lethal first and prove it! From the Gov.uk website:- What you can do without a licence You must first try to resolve your wild bird problem using standard bird management options before considering taking action against them with a licence. You should try: scaring the birds away using visual (scarecrows, for example) or audible devices (including shooting to scare) restricting access to food sources stopping birds from roosting or nesting on your buildings or land by putting netting over vulnerable areas managing nearby habitat to make it less attractive to birds maintaining a human presence around the site to deter birds using physical barriers to keep birds away You’ll need to get the land owner’s permission to carry out these activities on land that you don’t own or manage.
  4. I normally shoot rats and rabbits, but have been asked if I can shoot some crows/ rooks. My question is does it need to say on your licence "avian vermin control" for birds on general licence? Mine states "to be used for shooting vermin including fox, and ground game and any other lawful quarry". Is there such thing as "avian vermin control" on your licence?
  5. I have an FAC .22 BSA R10SE which I bought 2 years ago. The stock had a minor crack in it around the bottle out the box in the gunsmiths so was replaced straight away. The bolt Immediately came lose after about 10 shots from the pellet probe. But I just took the screw out which holds the bolt to the back of the probe and put it back with lock tight. Since then I have had no issues and the bolt is smooth with no jams at all. I use H&N barcuda hunter extreme pellets no issues.
  6. J.F

    Tool theft petition

    Saw this, might be worth signing. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231177
  7. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/04/running-wild-the-disease-resistant-rabbits-ruining-farmers-crops/ Rabbit population was highest in 2016
  8. J.F

    Walther rotex rm8

    Hi Rouge2015, i put a post on here recently asking is someone had one of these and what are they like? but nobody owned this new model replied. I had emailed the manufacture and the latest model is regulated and i had seen these 2 reviews of it, was looking at getting it as a good second rifle.
  9. I'm sure this topic has probably been covered or mentioned before, and if it has can someone point out the link. I came across this earlier https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rabbits-how-to-control-numbers And I am confused, I though if you got permission (preferably written) from the land owner to shoot rabbits you could, and most people offer this free of charge ? But it states "When you can shoot rabbits If you are the occupier of land you can shoot rabbits on your land during the day and can authorise in writing one other person to do so. That person must be part of your household, one of your staff, or be employed for reward to specifically control the rabbits. If the owner of the shooting rights for your land does not agree to destroy the rabbits themselves or allow you to use extra shooters, you can apply to Natural England for authority to do so." The first sentence basically says it has to be your land or you be an employee and the second says if you are the owner but don't own the shooting rights you can apply for permission? You can shoot rabbits at night only if you are: an owner/occupier with shooting rights a landlord/landlady who has reserved their shooting rights a shooting tenant not in occupation who has derived the shooting rights from the owner an occupier, or one other person authorised by the occupier in writing, where the occupier has written authority from someone with the shooting rights I thought if you had written permission to shoot rabbits from the land owner you could do this free of charge, day or night but the way I read this you can"t or am i reading this wrong?
  10. Hi Phil Thanks for the reply. I have a decent rifle the brocock bantam hi lite. And realise this rifle is half the price, was just looking for a back up rifle. How long ago did you buy yours ?
  11. Just an update, I emailed Armex uk and they confirmed it is regulated.
  12. Has anyone bought one these? Does anyone know if there regulated as there seems to be some conflicting info on if it is or isn't ? Thinking of getting one as a back up / spare rifle, had to send my Brocock Bantam Hi lite off for repair which took 6 weeks over the the summer heat wave!!!!! Is the stock plastic or wood which is soft coated?