tripe

Guest fence_hopper

I all ways thought tripe was a great food, not on its own but a good staple diet and I still will do unless someone tells me different, other than the water ting because I always had the thinking that if an animal were to catch large game it would always favor the offal.

Lee

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek:Plant ??? I seriously can't Wait to tell Hugh, my local Slaughterman / Butcher that one! :clapper:

Quite funny, actually; Just before I Really got to know Hugh - we're now established craic sharing mates, over his counter. Genuinely lovely guy - I found out the building I didn't know about was his Slaughter House. So I popped along there enquiring about some tripe.

Hugh appeared out of a doorway ~ in his gum boots and blood spattered plastics I only vaguely recognised him as a face I knew from the small town. So I told him I'd come to enquire about the possibility of obtaining some tripe, for my Dogs.

Without missing a beat and with totally straight faced sincerity this great little guy introduced me to Leitrim Logic:

" Tripes ? " He said. " Sure! Only, could ye come back in around half an hour? Only they're still in the sheep. " :rofl:

FFS! I really must remember to remind him of that time. I nearly busted a gut getting out of there without pissing myself laughing at that one! :laugh:

:icon_eek:Plant ??? I seriously can't Wait to tell Hugh, my local Slaughterman / Butcher that one! :clapper:

Quite funny, actually; Just before I Really got to know Hugh - we're now established craic sharing mates, over his counter. Genuinely lovely guy - I found out the building I didn't know about was his Slaughter House. So I popped along there enquiring about some tripe.

Hugh appeared out of a doorway ~ in his gum boots and blood spattered plastics I only vaguely recognised him as a face I knew from the small town. So I told him I'd come to enquire about the possibility of obtaining some tripe, for my Dogs.

Without missing a beat and with totally straight faced sincerity this great little guy introduced me to Leitrim Logic:

" Tripes ? " He said. " Sure! Only, could ye come back in around half an hour? Only they're still in the sheep. " :rofl:

FFS! I really must remember to remind him of that time. I nearly busted a gut getting out of there without pissing myself laughing at that one! :laugh:

hey at least you know its fresh! i have heard of people buying it in the can.. which supposedly stinks the worst.

i cant say that i have EVER seen anything like that canned up in the grocery store.. pig brains yes... i thought it was Vienna sausages - the tin looks the same - was for sale at a little Mexican store.. but have seen "tripe" in the plastic wrap section. we just call it cow stomach lol

and yeah i was thinking plant or fish lol now i know better!! every time i saw it mentioned and recommended to my dogs i would just look dumb.... "what the hell is a tripe??" :blink:

• 1 year later...

Were can you get it from?

A cow.....

You can buy ready packed in half decent pet food shops, minced or chunks. probably not the cheapest but easy, wann ask for green tripe from butchers etc, un bleached.

My neighbour thought it was a fish un till i told him, his been feeding his mutt for ages on it, funny looking bloody fish.