custom stock no 2

this is the second stock i have made now, i have built this one for me mate and shooting buddy. , it is american black walnut with american maple spacers and tipped on forend and capped below grips with iroko, was trying to get some ebony but could not get hold of any so my friend at the woodyard suggested iroko, this has a lovely grain and glad i used it. took me a little longer to do this one but has come out a beauty and me mate was well pleased . i am half way through a third one already so will be letting one go, cant keep em all lol.

post-27947-1238079613.jpg

post-27947-1238079626.jpg

post-27947-1238079650.jpg

post-27947-1238079674.jpg

post-27947-1238079700.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats nice that, How much u sekkung the 3rd for? I'd like one but ive got an s200 not a 400 :(

Hughesey

cheers mate. i know the inletting on the s200 is differant and cause i only have a s410 i would not know the measurements for the inletting for your gun, would be ok if you lived closer and i could look at ya gun and do it. i,ll have to buy some new guns now just so i can make the stocks for them. lol

That is a beatiful stock well done mate. I am going to make my own custom stock, what tools did you use? i already have a band saw, router, spoke shave, planner, sander, chisels is there any thing else worth buying mate. :)

That is a beatiful stock well done mate. I am going to make my own custom stock, what tools did you use? i already have a band saw, router, spoke shave, planner, sander, chisels is there any thing else worth buying mate. :)

hia, thanks mate. i would invest in a dremmel and some burr bits . and the best tools i like using when your getting down to finishing is a set of cabinet scrapers, these are lovely to use , they take just a little wood away and leave very little sanding to do after, good luck with yours matey .

well done, another brilliant stock. how come you havent put a rubber butt pad on? is it ur mates choice or is there a reason?

thanks verminator. me mates choice. he didnt wanna spend the 20 for a butt pad so i ordered a small sheet of aluminium and fabricted one up with a piece of iroko inbetween. looks nice and does the job for next ta nothing , just a little more of my time. lol

well done, another brilliant stock. how come you havent put a rubber butt pad on? is it ur mates choice or is there a reason?

thanks verminator. me mates choice. he didnt wanna spend the 20 for a butt pad so i ordered a small sheet of aluminium and fabricted one up with a piece of iroko inbetween. looks nice and does the job for next ta nothing , just a little more of my time. lol

time is money :D

hia, thanks mate. i would invest in a dremmel and some burr bits . and the best tools i like using when your getting down to finishing is a set of cabinet scrapers, these are lovely to use , they take just a little wood away and leave very little sanding to do after, good luck with yours matey .

Thanks mate. :clapper: