Sheridan .20 pistol vs Magpie..

yeah give it a try.work's like a charm for me :victory: i even left one dead on the roof for a few day's [ winter time] and shot 11 in two day's off it. [ a mix of maggies, crow's and jackdaws] i would no when there was some action as i'd hear the rackett of the live bird's. they just seem to gather round the dead un wondeing what has happened to it :clapper: and are easy target's. i'v even got a couple a dead un's in the freezer which i will bring out and use just for this job. :clapper: . i have heard that putting a decoy owl near the dead maggie or crow work's even better. though i'v not tried this. but i knew an old guy who had an old stuffed eagle owl he used he would put it in an obvious place out in the open , stick a dead crow near it and he used to shoot loadsa carrion's, maggies and jackdaws coming in to mob it. :gunsmilie:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work :D I tell you I've learn't a hell of a lot from your input in this thread thanks BBB these tips are burn't into my brain now, so I'll let you know the results. I only thought this would be a quick thread with a few pictures etc, but it's turned into a really informative thread thanks to youself and others :notworthy:

Great shooting especially with an air pistol mate keep it up ;).

Your doing great killing the b*****ds they are the dirtiest feckers known to man :laugh:, they are on the top of my hitlist behind the Jackdaw and im constantly shooting them everywhere :laugh:.

ATB, Luke.

Great shooting especially with an air pistol mate keep it up ;).

Your doing great killing the b*****ds they are the dirtiest feckers known to man :laugh:, they are on the top of my hitlist behind the Jackdaw and im constantly shooting them everywhere :laugh:.

ATB, Luke.

I see your from Wales and I know first hand that you have millions of fecking crows to shoot :gunsmilie: I will certainly keep at the b*****d's :D

When ever I visit my friend in Wales that is all I see on roof tops and trees alike is crows...

Woke this morning to a crow on the chimney pot looking at the dead magpie as bait :whistling: yes you can guess I shot it :D.

Maybe all the bad weather yesterday has chased the majority of the magpies and crows off because it's been very quiet today.

Woke this morning to a crow on the chimney pot looking at the dead magpie as bait :whistling: yes you can guess I shot it :D.

Maybe all the bad weather yesterday has chased the majority of the magpies and crows off because it's been very quiet today.

Exellent!

good work :victory: leave the magpie on the roof. it'l keep workin for ya. , put the crow in the freezer to use at a later date. :clapper::victory:

I certainly will as it works like a charm I've just put the old freezer on in my garage to freeze the future decoys. The Mrs would go nuts if she found dead vermin in the house freezer ;) I will give her credit where it deserves she don't mind me displaying dead quarry in the garden, unlike some women they get all sqweemish :D

Nice shooting Timelord,

I cant agree more that a good Magpie is a Dead one. I have my Air Rifle here purely for knocking them off in the garden. I have a fir tree which they love to sit in, but unfortunately for them, it happens to be 35 yards from my Back door. Unlucky :laugh:

But as you say, they are cunning. I have a trick for making mine stay just a second longer. Get some bait (Eggs) wrap them in cling film so he is curious he cannot get at them. Great if you are sitting and waiting. But you need to take it down afterwards or you could choke something else.

I normally shoot them with the Rimfire elsewhere ( Tin Hat on for mentioning Firearms in the airgun Section :laugh: )

Keep it up, and a very smart looking Pistol that. Looks an awful lot better than the Mental picture I have of Air Pistols.

Regards

SS :thumbs:

Nice trick with the eggs SS I'll try that sometime myself to see the outcome, I've had a good few crows with this pistol as well I think they are just a little more astute than pigeons but not as fly as the Magpie ;). I'm still saving hard for my air rifle ATM but I'm very pleased with this Sheridan pistol, I chronographed it and it was doing 5-6 pound depending on the cartridge level and it is as accurate as hell.

Today it was a little undressed (with out it's silencer) and it's a definate pet project I'm rather proud of. Here's a picture of it fully dressed with the Weirauch silencer and laser to go on board..... :victory:

Now that is what I call sneaky! :notworthy:

Hey Timelord, do you think you could pop you magpie carcass in an envelope ad send it to me via RMSD then it doesnt go off lol. I need something to get the magpies in on my permission lol.

I would mate but I'm having too much fun with this dead one :D