Sheridan .20 pistol vs Magpie..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's official that I've wiped out nearly all the magpies and crows for now, I have a head count of 12 magpies and 17 crows with this wonderful pistol :D

I can now hear song birds cherping happily in the morning and throughout the day too :gunsmilie:

It's now back to plinking in the garden until the next brood of vermin either breeds or arrives on my manor :victory:

Guest JohnGalway

Don't visit in here much but it's been interesting reading whenever I have :yes:

I've often seen when shooting hooded crows that magpies if they're int he area will come along, some even as brazen as dancing on the corpse :yes: Often got 3-4 maggies this way literally as quick as I could reload.

Laid out a hoodie once, and I set up a trail camera watching him. You would not believe the number of corvids came along during the day to look at and pick at him. Some would even throw the body up in the air :yes: Most time they would visit was early early morning but they would come along during daylight also and up until night when the camera would switch to IR mode.

Hope that helps some :thumbs:

They say that every good deed should not go unrewarded well my pistol has been rewarded with a beautiful walnut handle to give a better grip not to mention it looks stunning too ;)

Here it is now with it's new treat...

post-20221-1220109376_thumb.jpg

Don't visit in here much but it's been interesting reading whenever I have :yes:

I've often seen when shooting hooded crows that magpies if they're int he area will come along, some even as brazen as dancing on the corpse :yes: Often got 3-4 maggies this way literally as quick as I could reload.

Laid out a hoodie once, and I set up a trail camera watching him. You would not believe the number of corvids came along during the day to look at and pick at him. Some would even throw the body up in the air :yes: Most time they would visit was early early morning but they would come along during daylight also and up until night when the camera would switch to IR mode.

Hope that helps some :thumbs:

Well I've been baiting them with the corpses and had the results too, now setting up a camera sound like a really good idea just to check out their behaviour patterns. Thanks for the tip mate ;)

In the mean time it's just a waiting game until the reappear as I've wiped them all out for the time being. If I have seen any they've stayed the F**K away from here because they are not stupid :D

I hope they have short memories because me and my Sheridan will be waiting :gunsmilie:

• 2 weeks later...