Snare wire

Guest The Big Fish

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look on the net you can get it in the uk but we placed an order for 100 weight it worked out around £3. 50p a pound got mine from acompany in birmingham but we only got that cheap because of repeat orders :no: good hunting all woodga are you looking for any eyelets /?????

Thanks robsharpe, I am getting somewhere now, found the company you mentioned.

Woodga, i will be looking for eyelets once i got the wire sorted out, Do you know what diameter wire you used?

hi mate sent you a pm the wire dia is 0.45 mm how do you spin your wires?and what type of tealers do you use pm me if you like and i will give phone number love snares and snaring nice to have acrack with someone on the same wavelength :D good hunting all woodga :ph34r:

i use aboard with two nails on it the heads removed 48 inches apart for peg snares 42 inches for fence snares a small panel pin in the centre tie onto the panel pin and wind the wire around the nails until the nails are loaded then tie off on the panel pin again place ties on the wires then cut them through the centre 24 inches pull the wires out in threes twist in the eylet this is where i differ i used to use weight to spin mine but now use an old hand grinder with the stone off weld a small hook onto the shaft fasten the grinder to your bench put the eyelet over the hook hold the other end with pliers and turn the handle one turn of the handle equates to 12 turns on the snare i turn the handle 6 times makes a nice snare and really fast as opposed to hand spinning like you i also half hitch directly onto the fence ;) good hunting woodga :ph34r:

Yes woodga i can see where you are going with that, its probably a faster way than what i am doing, infact i will probably take up that method!

You are winding twice the amount that i am in one go. I use the same method but just do it without the center pin. So instead of 48" well i use 20" apart.(everyone has there prefrences)

Probably would not be that hard to use an electric motor with a brake on it to spin your snares up, maybe with a foot pedal to operate it!

I think that i will still spin up my snares in the same way though, just easier when you are sat in doors watching eastenders lol. (thats a joke by the way)

been ther and done the same myself :D good hunting all woodga :ph34r: