FAO Jimmy

It is worth you going to the Northern Shooting Show in May Jimmy because they are having firearms departments there from up your neck of the woods, Durham and Clevland so you can even have an interview on site mate, perhaps you will get the all clear to go for a ticket, deffo worth a go Jimmy.

For anyone with an FAC ticket, they are doing variations on the day as well, I feel an update coming on.

Phil

3 hours ago, philpot said:

It is worth you going to the Northern Shooting Show in May Jimmy because they are having firearms departments there from up your neck of the woods, Durham and Clevland so you can even have an interview on site mate, perhaps you will get the all clear to go for a ticket, deffo worth a go Jimmy.

For anyone with an FAC ticket, they are doing variations on the day as well, I feel an update coming on.

Phil

Phil im defo going to the show mate

and i will have a word with the F,D when im there

are you and my lass:whistling: going as well this time

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I will be going with my dearly beloved on Sunday this year as we have some things on Saturday. I was going to send my ticket in for a variation so instead I will do it there as it is only 4 weeks away.

Jimmy, I do not know how far any new applications for both shotgun and FAC will get at the show but if I were you, I would prepare all details of your permissions and the landowners names, addresses etc along with any map from google earth / google maps showing what you have and for gods sake, only go for FAC air mate.

If you have a look on the web site, you should find more details, I had this sent to me on email as I am an early ticket buyer so they send me updates. If you can't find any info, pm me your email address and I will forward my email to you.

Phil

12 hours ago, philpot said:

I will be going with my dearly beloved on Sunday this year as we have some things on Saturday. I was going to send my ticket in for a variation so instead I will do it there as it is only 4 weeks away.

Jimmy, I do not know how far any new applications for both shotgun and FAC will get at the show but if I were you, I would prepare all details of your permissions and the landowners names, addresses etc along with any map from google earth / google maps showing what you have and for gods sake, only go for FAC air mate.

If you have a look on the web site, you should find more details, I had this sent to me on email as I am an early ticket buyer so they send me updates. If you can't find any info, pm me your email address and I will forward my email to you.

Phil

Phil i think ill just go and ask a few questions

and ask how i go along sorting out all my convictions as i cant remember all of them ,,where and when lol

and what iv got to do to my house i know all of you could tell me but if i get it from the horses mouth kind of thing

then theres no come back is there .

But more than fac air i want my sgc

so ill be asking about that as well

as for land we have the 6500 acrs but the A1 runs along side of most of it and my other two perms are in a built up aria

so land may be a problem for me .

and then theres my son but thats another problem lol

Listen my friend you only need a relatively small perm, say 30, acres and you have enough for FAC air. Shotgun cert is not based on available land. That can be for clay shooting or pest control.

I think I am going for a .17hmr slot on my ticket so will do that whilst I am there.

Phil

14 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

and ask how i go along sorting out all my convictions as i cant remember all of them ,,where and when lol

and what iv got to do to my house i know all of you could tell me but if i get it from the horses mouth kind of thing

as for land we have the 6500 acrs but the A1 runs along side of most of it and my other two perms are in a built up aria

I have a open ticket   no need to get land cleared   ,I can shoot on any land  I have permission to shoot on 

14 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I have a open ticket   no need to get land cleared   ,I can shoot on any land  I have permission to shoot on 

26 minutes ago, philpot said:

Listen my friend you only need a relatively small perm, say 30, acres and you have enough for FAC air. Shotgun cert is not based on available land. That can be for clay shooting or pest control.

I think I am going for a .17hmr slot on my ticket so will do that whilst I am there.

Phil

I nearly put down for 17 HMR CZ but £15 for 50 rounds , very noisy even with a mod , seems heavy and very rough 

My God Mitch, you have done well to get an open ticket for your first grant, well done you.

The only reason I am toying with the 17hmr is for distance on rabbits, if you shoot a rabbit with one at less than about 100mt, it will be mush but these things come into their own at distances of above that and we have suitable land for this cal. I don't fancy a .22 Hornet or a .22-250 as I am not shooting foxes, the land is used for hunting with horse and hounds so a big no no.

I do think my main rifle will be the Impact as it does most of what I want but it is nice to have a few other tricks up my sleeve. The cost of ammo for the 17hmr is no different to my 12 gauge cartridges and I would not be using so many therefore not really a big issue.

Phil