Vaxhall Frontera

do you have a good mechanic close by minion ;), I read up on them a good while back when I was first after a 4x4! they didn't read too well neither did the Freelander, having said that mate you can't always beleive what you read....

Jasper

do you have a good mechanic close by minion ;), I read up on them a good while back when I was first after a 4x4! they didn't read too well neither did the Freelander, having said that mate you can't always beleive what you read....

Jasper

Go all the way and get a Defender,,,Ive heard some bad stories of the Frontera and even more of the earlier freelanders(Design flaw with the head gaskets,do a search in google and you'll see)

:thumbs:

Looks like you can pick these up fairly cheep. Loads of room but are they any use off road?

Muddy fields etc, not serious off road.

Ploughed and grass fields mainly?

Any advice appreciated.

mine whr shite on the road never mind off it .crap at corners and bends shipped it out after a month :thumbdown:
Cheers guys.

It is perley for going out with the ogs so I dont want to spend to mutch. Max £1000. I just want something that wont get stuck too easy. Any recomendations?

ford maverick nissan tereno(thingy) daiatsu - cheap - land rover disco older uns check out ebay
a good old Dihatsu 4 trak!! you might also laugh but I spoke to a lad on one of the farms who drives about in a Lada Cossak and it gets him everywhere he wants to go without any problems....

Jasper

lada cossak forgot bowt them :clapper: get a photo up j65

Jasper

Go all the way and get a Defender,,,Ive heard some bad stories of the Frontera and even more of the earlier freelanders(Design flaw with the head gaskets,do a search in google and you'll see)

:thumbs:

design flaw the fact that the petrol engine is the rover k series engine as some thing to do with that lol

i have a vauxhall frontera sport,its absolutely brilliant loads of room for the dogs a great work horse and cheeap to run even thought its a 2.0ltr petrol,it has to travel up a major bank to get to my permission and then only goes across fields but has never had me stuck or stranded.great motor....................... :big_boss:

What ever you go for,,,Get some good All Terrain tyres and you'll be Ok,,I have a defender 90 myself and just put some 265 Insa turbo special tracks on,,,Its now invincible off road although these tyres are 80% off and 20

% on road so you probably wanna go with something a little quieter on road as myn now sounds like a tank,,,all the best ;)

Edited by bowers1986
Looks like you can pick these up fairly cheep. Loads of room but are they any use off road?

Muddy fields etc, not serious off road.

Ploughed and grass fields mainly?

Any advice appreciated.

I'm a LandRover man myself but the Frontera will do all you want from it despite what others say. As you say they are cheap and the parts are easy to get. The top of the fuel tank rots out near the sender unit, the back axles are prone to whining but keep going, the spare wheel carrier is a right pain in the back end. Avoid the diesel VM engine at all costs, good motor until they go wrong then it's a real wallet basher. The GM diesel may be a bit of a slug but they just keep on going.