Jump to content
PadgettsDan

Lincolnshire Shotgun Licence

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I finally got around to applying for my licence this week to support me in the war against pigeons on a permission of mine! :diablo:

Does anybody have any experience with Lincolnshire firearms licencing? i.e. time scales for grants, ease of working with etc? I understand I will most likely have to cough up the doctors report fee :hmm:

Any advice/ experience would be great! wish me luck!

Share this post


Link to post

Lincs are almost always slow as f**k, issuing temp certs. I used to be under them and most the folks I shoot with still are. They're fairly chilled out regarding issuing them though.

Re med fees. https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-says-dont-pay-medical-fee/

I paid mine under Nott's, unaware of that info.

Share this post


Link to post

Define slow for me please :rofl:

I understand its on a case by case basis but what are we saying... 2 months? 6 months?

I did read the article, many thanks! I have declared a medical condition (anxiety) and so imagine this does require the doctors "opinion" and therefore will ask for payment? who knows, we'll soon find out :hmm:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Lincs are almost always slow as f**k, issuing temp certs. I used to be under them and most the folks I shoot with still are. They're fairly chilled out regarding issuing them though.

Re med fees. https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/basc-says-dont-pay-medical-fee/

I paid mine under Nott's, unaware of that info.

Out of curiosity how long did it take under Notts? As I’m applying for mine soon

 

cheers mate

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bushy83 said:

Out of curiosity how long did it take under Notts? As I’m applying for mine soon

 

cheers mate

I've gone through Notts with a shotgun renewal and a couple of firearms variation and both were reasonable but I can't remember exactly how long. They are quite prompt but they are also strict and push the boundaries of what I consider their remit/duty. For example they used to not allow anything bigger than 22cf for fox and have been insistent on me giving them details (names and adresses) of where I use my shotguns.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, PadgettsDan said:

Define slow for me please :rofl:

I understand its on a case by case basis but what are we saying... 2 months? 6 months?

I did read the article, many thanks! I have declared a medical condition (anxiety) and so imagine this does require the doctors "opinion" and therefore will ask for payment? who knows, we'll soon find out :hmm:

 

 

I couldn't say off hand, you don't tend to remember exact numbers just the relative feeling it leaves you with. Lol. I can ask a few folks this weekend for you.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, PadgettsDan said:

Define slow for me please :rofl:

I understand its on a case by case basis but what are we saying... 2 months? 6 months?

I did read the article, many thanks! I have declared a medical condition (anxiety) and so imagine this does require the doctors "opinion" and therefore will ask for payment? who knows, we'll soon find out :hmm:

 

 

Kent were anything from 8 months to over a year. For a renewal !!  Lots of s7's issued.   Anxiety?  Only you know if you are safe to have weapons. If You don't think that you are safe with weapons because  of anxiety. What can they think? 

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

 they are also strict and push the boundaries of what I consider their remit/duty. For example they used to not allow anything bigger than 22cf for fox and have been insistent on me giving them details (names and adresses) of where I use my shotguns.

I would have thought that all of that would have been pretty standard stuff. You got to have somewhere to use the kit. And you dont need anything biger than a 22 cf to take fox.

Edited by Meece

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Meece said:

You got to have somewhere to use the kit.

No, you dont. Theyre taking liberties.

7 hours ago, Meece said:

And you dont need anything biger than a 22 cf to take fox.

Again, they were taking liberties. Theyre the police, not parliament. You don't need a gun full stop, but plenty of times a 6-6.5mm are the most appropriate calibre.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

No, you dont. Theyre taking liberties.

I'm not an advocàte for rules but you have to show reason to possess and that includes where are you going to use it and for what purpose.

Again, they were taking liberties. Theyre the police, not parliament. You don't need a gun full stop, but plenty of times a 6-6.5mm are the most appropriate calibre. 

Agreed , but any 22cf is more than capable of taking fox. I've used my 223 out to 300 paces and that isn't as pokey as a  22.250 or a 220 swift. It's the same as asking for a 308 to go rabbiting with. If you get unreasonable with them in their opinion they will class you as a potential risk . Especially if you have put down that you suffer from anxiety issues.  i advise that you don't bang your application against the system becàuse you Will loose and then you wiĺl end up with 》》》 application refused on your record.  Tàke the gòod parts and work on the system. If they think  that you are getting unreasonable they just won't issue and then it alĺ gets out of control .

 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Meece said:

I'm not an advocàte for rules but you have to show reason to possess and that includes where are you going to use it and for what purpose.

No you don't. It's something they have made up. You are not obliged to give them that for a SGC.

 

43 minutes ago, Meece said:

Agreed , but any 22cf is more than capable of taking fox. I've used my 223 out to 300 paces and that isn't as pokey as a  22.250 or a 220 swift. It's the same as asking for a 308 to go rabbiting with.

Not really. The difference between a rimfire and a 308 is probably orders of magnitude. The difference between a 22cf and 6-6.5mm is much more reasonable and justifiable and explicitly advised in the HO guidance!

There's a theme here where you seem to believe the police are THE authority, whereas I believe they are guardians of the rule of law and order in the capacity of public servants.

If they ever tried to take my lawful right to shoot I'd take them to court willingly and let a judge determine who's reasonable and lawful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Meece said:

Anxiety?  Only you know if you are safe to have weapons. If You don't think that you are safe with weapons because  of anxiety. What can they think? 

Yes, anxiety. I know I am safe to have weapons... We're all obliged however to declare any relevant medical conditions even if we believe ourselves safe to hold a licence are we not?
If I didn't think it was safe I wouldn't be applying. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×