best logun axsor reg? fac

19 hours ago, Outback 1 said:

I have fitted two Huma regulators , both work perfectly when you learn how to set up the rifle to your required power .

Cheers

huma sound interesting i wonder if they make one for the logun axsor 

just looking to get a consistent 950 fps from the AA field 16g

Huma are very good regs they are well know in the USA , When I was looking at regs I would have bought a Lane but couldn't get his site to work and no answer to mails .

When fitting regs you might find the rest of the air flow system may need altering and the barrel length comes into the equation as well for the power and pellet weight .

You need to think of what fpe you would like to achieve and then is it to much for the pellet weight . When I converted my second one I research a lot in the States and found that both the .22 and the .25 shared the same air tube and air volume  and the plenum which governs the volume of air released per shot was a greater volume than the .22 so by using the larger plenum of a .25 reg I was able to gain the heavier pellet weight in .22 cal and a good fps , which is easly altered by resetting reg setting pressure and adjusting hammer pressure for lighter pellets .

960 fps with 16g might be to much for the lighter pellets also there is a fps band from 900 / 920 were pellets happily sit a 18g would do well at 900 / 920 with out it being a air hog , I have a heap of 18g that I was driving to fast and wouldnt group for the power I wanted so went up to a 21,14g and reset the reg and a happy person . The fac rifle with 30 pellets with a difference of 2/3 fps is were I am .     

2 minutes ago, Outback 1 said:

Huma are very good regs they are well know in the USA , When I was looking at regs I would have bought a Lane but couldn't get his site to work and no answer to mails .

When fitting regs you might find the rest of the air flow system may need altering and the barrel length comes into the equation as well for the power and pellet weight .

You need to think of what fpe you would like to achieve and then is it to much for the pellet weight . When I converted my second one I research a lot in the States and found that both the .22 and the .25 shared the same air tube and air volume  and the plenum which governs the volume of air released per shot was a greater volume than the .22 so by using the larger plenum of a .25 reg I was able to gain the heavier pellet weight in .22 cal and a good fps , which is easly altered by resetting reg setting pressure and adjusting hammer pressure for lighter pellets .

960 fps with 16g might be to much for the lighter pellets also there is a fps band from 900 / 920 were pellets happily sit a 18g would do well at 900 / 920 with out it being a air hog , I have a heap of 18g that I was driving to fast and wouldnt group for the power I wanted so went up to a 21,14g and reset the reg and a happy person . The fac rifle with 30 pellets with a difference of 2/3 fps is were I am .     

i want to drive the AA field 16g about 940 ish. had excellent results with an fac airwolf (17in) driving then at 950 but thats been sold. and prefer to keep the axsor logun (19in) as it only stands me at 400£. plus the axsor is just as accurate as the airwolf was. 

I have a very accurate .22lr so don't want to go heavier than the aa field 16g. 

i'm not sure about air volume but currently my axsor (non regulated) sweet spot is pushing the 16g aa field at about 970-980 at peak fps. starting lower and ending lower. 

maybe it will do 940 ish with reg?

basically I want to buy a very good reg that will fit in a logun axsor

if anyone can recommend a top notch reg and bonus if they fitted it too an axsor or very similar. It seems the huma is the favorite so far as has been recommended. however if anyone knows of a better reg i'd be interested to know.